Will there be a place for community content?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blaqfoxx
Will there be a place for community content?

Hey all!

Long time fan and lurker here! created an account finally just to ask about community content.

So coming from DnD and Pathfinder, theres always a bit of a dirth of content (particulary for written adventures) at an edition launch. Has any one heard of plans to support community created contetn a la RPG Drivethu or DMsGuild?

Also, has anyone started writing any adventures here? I've seen plenty of characters and homebrew rules but no oneshot or anything. I know its early and the Rulebook isn't out yet, but I'm just curious if anyone has run with the content we've got so far.

Carvell Lewis

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I think many people are holding off on writing adventures for the time being, due to the lack of rules for villain creation (including lieutenant and minion creation).  Also, I'm sure that a number of other GMs are waiting for additional information on how to use the scene tracker effectively, as well as other system-specific nuances that would make adventure writing much easier.

In the meanwhile, I might direct you towards the Villain of the Day thread (which has a great number of interlinked-villains with implied campaign arcs), as well as the The Big Campaign Arc Thread (currently on Page 2), which has a number of 6-issue arcs laid out.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

There is a group Listen to these Nerds that has recorded their sessions https://listentothesenerds.tumblr.com/tagged/scrpg

Cult of Gloom on the Letters Page Discord is running his own campaign as well from reverse engineering what’s been released.  

Overall, I suspect once we have full rules folks will probably post in this topic with their own campaigns.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

As for publicly distributed content, I don't believe we've seen the license agreement for the system yet.  It will probably be provided in the rulebook when it comes out.  Then you'll know what you're allowed to publish in the way of third-party supplements.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

aramis
aramis's picture

While I'd love to see a broad licensing, I think the D&D Community Content model is not a good one. Excessive percentages, lots of low quality content, no route to the FLGS, forfeiture of copyright rights. It's one thing to get a decent paycheck for a work for hire as a freelancer, it's another entirely to forfeit the IP for potentially trivial cash. Futher, the way the license is set up, it's very possible that they could pull a GW and go after fans' personal websites.

I do think non-onerous licensing is a good thing, even with a fee... but most of the Community Content licenses have onerous provisions.

Aramis

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I’m not sure what the licensing was but we at least have one instance of someone being given official approval to convert an adventure they made to use the SCRPG rules

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/the-summit-super-team-first-i-think-3rd-party-product-using-sentinels-rpg-system-11268

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

ErekLich

I'll be very interested in the final shakedown here; my playgroup is workshopping a Justice League inspired campaign mode and I'd love to have it see some sort of official release...