Villain Debate

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anubis
Anubis's picture
Villain Debate

So I was wondering could I have a Minion Maker archetype villain where their minions turned into debuffs when killed? I like the idea of instead of trying to overwelm the party with a million monsters the boss could only have a few out but the heroes have to be careful with how many they kill. 

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

Something like this?

Papa Malhuer               HP 40 (plus 5 per H)

Powers                              Qualities                                      Status

Voodoo d10                     Magical Lore d10                      0 hinders on heroes: d12

Necromancy d8               Leadership d8                            1-2 hinders on heroes: d10      

Presence d8                     Banter d8                                     3-4 hinders on heroes: d8

Vitality d6                                                                               5+ hinders on heroes: d6

Abilities

Soul Harvest  A    Hinder a target using Voodoo, use the Max die. Create a number of minions equal to the size of this hinder. They are of Mid die size and have the Voodoo curse rule.

Snake Eyes A  Attack a target using Necromancy, use the Max plus min die. You may use any hinders on that target as though they were a boost on you.

Consume Essence  R  When a minion is destroyed roll its die, you recover that much health

From Bad to Worse  R  When a hero creates a twist, hinder them with banter

Master of Misfortune I  Whenever Papa Malheur is in a situation in which he could only possibly succeed by a stroke of someone else’s bad luck, he automatically succeeds in Overcomes to accomplish a task by exploiting the misfortune of others.

Voodoo curse minion rule: When this minion is destroyed, roll its die and hinder the hero that destroyed it.

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Interesting. 

VGBM
VGBM's picture

Not at all surprised the Cult of Gloom would be able to think up a villain like this.