Using up bonuses/counting bonuses

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ErekLich
Using up bonuses/counting bonuses

So I'm prepping to run the intro 5-shot, and I have questions about how boosts are handled:

1) Unity can destroy a bonus to boost her spawns.  Can she use one that's already been used?  The dice mod only lasts one turn but fluff-wise the thing which gave the boost is still there.

2) Wraith's Inventory Barrage - it says to destroy and use all her bonuses, but again, what happens with "used" bonuses here?

3) Wraith's Favorite Knife - this is Persistent, but not Exclusive - once she hits Red can she just stack 'favorite knives' indefinitely?

4) Baron Blade's status is based on how many invention-based bonuses or penalties.  Do used ones coubt?  Or does he have to sit on the unused (and basically waste actions) to improve his status?

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Unless a bonus is Persistent, I believe after one use the boost is then gone..

Like say for example I made an electric hero who can boost my ally's by charging their fists. Once my ally attacks with that, the charge is used up and gone. No more boost.

ErekLich

It won't boost their rolls, sure.  But how does it then interact with these various abilities?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

No, once it's been used it no longer exists.  RP-wise the "thing" may still exist but the bonus does not and thus cannot be consumed or counted for some other purpose.

And yes, bonuses which are persistent but not exclusive can stack with themselves.  It seems like all such abilities are Red, and you aren't likely to be in Red for very long, so it's not a big deal.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

ErekLich

Hm.  That makes Unity and Baron Blade much weaker, especially Baron Blade.  And it makes Inventory Barrage pretty iffy.

Thanks for answering!