Urban Infestation comments and questions (Spoilers)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester
Urban Infestation comments and questions (Spoilers)

Figured we could use somewhere to discuss and ask questions about the 'Urban Infestation' one-shot.

I haven't had the chance to run it yet, but it makes good reading. I think it was a pretty neat story, and it was cool to see the new RPG versions of Dark Watch. I especially like Setback and Expat's new designs(I'm loving the long hair on Amanda).

Miriad is pretty cool too. I kind of want to see if I couldn't somehow design a hero along the same story/powers and abilities as him/it. Not the last 'Chaos' ability of course, but the others he has listed seem like they could work...

A question I had when I was reading through his character sheet though. For boosting his health vs the number of heroes, if I had three players then I should boost his normally 26 HP to 41, correct?

Edited by: Phantom5613 on Dec 5 2018 - 9:55am
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That seems correct to me. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Is there a link to this somewhere?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Some things that came up in our experiences/discussions from PAX Unplugged. Spoilers, so don't read unless you are planning to GM (or aren't planning to play and are curious). 

• If you want to hold to the intended flavor of the initial encounter, add to Myriad's HP as noted. If you want to have a more positive encounter, don't. It's still a challending encounter, but it's far more enjoyable of an experience for the players.
  • There are... different opinions on how to handle Myriad's "Release the Swarm" ability. :-\ For example, some folks interpret the "of Min die size" to mean a die size of around the result of the Min die. So a "3" on the Min die would give d4 minions. Others interpretted it to mean of the size of the Min die -- which is a very different (and deadlier!) result. Since he's probably using Insect Control (d10), Swarm Master (d8), and will have 0 minions (d12), the smallest die it could be is a d8 minion! :-o And it was not uncommon to have the Max die be 10-12, so that's a huge number of large minions. (FYI: Christopher said he interpretted it to be the latter.)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)