Tips for running starter kit

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blackfang108
Playtester
Tips for running starter kit

Finally going to get the chance to run this.

I'm a reasonably experienced DM, and i've recently run a few PbtA games with the crew, along with having DMd LFR, Pathfinder Adventures and some nWoD.

Are there any tips that could be helpful?

I've read the Boost/Hinder threads & printed out the compiled errata.  Any other suggestions for things to look out for?

Blackfang108
Playtester

Well, that was insane.

We got through issue 1.  Every. Single. Attack. From Legacy emulated a port in some fashion.

His first attack: Can I throw one spider-bot into a second, banking the second into a third? 

His second attack: Bowling for Spiderbots!

His third: Can I Slide one of these on the ice AZ just created and then race ahead of it with a broom?

Other standouts: Unity rolling a 3 trying to crash an impromptu conveyance bot into the Spider Mothership.

Tachyon wiping up the entirety of the first wave with Hypersonic assault after some tips from Wraith.

Absolute Zero Saving a bunch of Cocooned peeps with a very creative usage of ice.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

Blackfang108 wrote:
His third: Can I Slide one of these on the ice AZ just created and then race ahead of it with a broom?

Amazing! I love it.

JohnTaber
JohnTaber's picture

Somewhere in these threads is one where someone suggested using index cards to track the bad guys and the various tasks that are on the table for the PC.  The idea is to literally put them on the table.  "Three spider bots for you"...GM lays card on table with 3 spider bots...etc.  Gosh that seemed like a good idea to me.  I plan to do that when I run it.  ;)

PLAY GAMES! :D
John T>

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

Can confirm index cards work wonderfully.

I am sure there is a design theory thing about giving players visceral feedback on their actions and watching a dice tick down in size/disappear plays right in to that.