The Letters Page! Episode 8 Discussion (Bunker)

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester
The Letters Page! Episode 8 Discussion (Bunker)

And it's up!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Edited by: Pydro on Mar 21 2017 - 4:39am
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Blackfang108

Podbean lags behind, apparently.

Chogb001
Chogb001's picture
Playtester

I'm slightly afraid at the idea that Christopher might have a self-made vuvuzela bunker suit.

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture
Playtester

Vuvuzela Mode

Ongoing, Mode

When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. At the end of your turn, Bunker deals each target 1 irreducible Sonic Damage.

At the start of your turn, either you may destroy this card, or the other players may yell at you until you destroy this card.

"Not this again..." - Unity, Disharmony One-Shot

Powerhound_2000

Also we are all related by the same sister.   I'm not sure how I feel about that one.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dprcooke

While this isn't directly related to the episode itself, the "Freedom Five Recap" on May 19th presumably means that we'll have covered the entirety of the Freedom Five by that point!

Also, is there anyone else who hopes that they make a one-hour Fright Train episode that's just an hour of train puns?  Cause I'm on board with that.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture
Playtester

I don't think it would happen like that; too likely it would go off the rails.

Etheria

I don't know. The way they keep chugging along I think that they can stay on the right track.

... Trains

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

User submitted questions for Fright Train I'm sure will be pun-free, because we conduct ourselves with dignity here.

saykhia
saykhia's picture

dprcooke wrote:

Also, is there anyone else who hopes that they make a one-hour Fright Train episode that's just an hour of train puns?  Cause I'm on board with that.

I hope they will choo-choose to actually do that. Train puns are awesome and no matter how often they're told they never run out of steam.

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

It's actually been so long since a thread here was derailed that I can't remember when the last one was.  It's a bit freightining.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Did anyone else feel like this episode was somewhat...sparse?

I feel like most of the other episodes at least have some major reveal (the history of the prior Legacies, the RevoCorp = Baron Blade reveal, the first meeting of Expatriette and Mr. Fixer, the Setback/Kismet romance...) but this one was just kind of 'meh'.

I was really hoping that we'd get some more info about Fort Adamant or the TermiNation event but, outside of a few oblique references, nothing was really new here.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Perhaps that comes off having recorded it at the beginning of the year.

Powerhound_2000

It was also the shortest character episode by far.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

It could be that there isn't too much to say about Bunker specifically. He doesn't seem to be invloved in any major side storys or events that don't already involve the Freedom Five, nor does he seem to go through any major character changes or crucibles. He has only one dedicated nemesis in FrightTrain who will maybe be covered later with the Vengful Five and doesn't have his own book post the "War Stories" era. He kinda is who he is and always was and is that throughout the SotM storyline. There isn't even a story to tell about someone else taking the Bunker suit or the technology. So I'm not sure what else there was to say that episode.

dprcooke

Glad to see that we've got the discussion back on track smiley

On the topic of lack of info, is anyone else confused about what, if anything, Bunker did during the fight against OblivAeon?  As far as I can tell from the episode, his unique contribution was being in the basement of Freedom Tower when that was blown up... and... not dying.  Is that it?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

dprcooke wrote:

Glad to see that we've got the discussion back on track smileyOn the topic of lack of info, is anyone else confused about what, if anything, Bunker did during the fight against OblivAeon?  As far as I can tell from the episode, his unique contribution was being in the basement of Freedom Tower when that was blown up... and... not dying.  Is that it?

He just generally fights alongside the FreedomFive. So where they are in the fight he is. I'm sure these kinda things and Bunkers contributions will be covered more in the Freedom Five episode since he kinda is just involved with whatever they are as a team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tachyons or AbZero's stories are similar, where there isn't all that much to discuss outside of just the adventures of the F5 specifically.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

At least we'll likely get more during the Freedom Five and Termi-Nation episodes, since those seem to be things on the horizon.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture

I too agree that the short length is probably a result of the fact that we didn't get as many questions in to Adam and Christopher since this episode was pre-recorded a few months ago.

There ARE those type of characters in comics that usually just stick with their team and don't wander too far away from that team's books, and from the sound of it Bunker is one of those characters.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Foote wrote:

It could be that there isn't too much to say about Bunker specifically. He doesn't seem to be invloved in any major side storys or events that don't already involve the Freedom Five, nor does he seem to go through any major character changes or crucibles. He has only one dedicated nemesis in FrightTrain who will maybe be covered later with the Vengful Five and doesn't have his own book post the "War Stories" era. He kinda is who he is and always was and is that throughout the SotM storyline. There isn't even a story to tell about someone else taking the Bunker suit or the technology. So I'm not sure what else there was to say that episode.

See, I thought the same for a good long while, until info starting coming out about Fort Adamant and the Sentinels, particularly given the research into the OblivAeon Shards and the TermiNation event.  I feel like these barely got touched on during the episode, which is odd, considering Bunker's role within those.

Powerhound_2000

I had hoped my question about Fort Adamant would have made them discuss it more.   While they may not have nefarious plans it seems they've got their hooks into a lot of different things like you mentioned.  

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture

I'm almost positive the attack on Fort Adamant will be focused on when it comes time to talk about Chokepoint or the Sentinels. Their stories both seem intertwined with that location.