The "I have nothing real to contribute, but I am sick of seeing no new posts" thread <2014 Award Winner>

1347 posts / 0 new
Last post
TeslaRoyale
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2013

Matchstickman wrote:

Ameena wrote:

Go out for the day, buy some balloons and a sandwich...

Now I'm imagining a parody of "Like a boss" (NSFW) called Like a Haka.


Someone should make that video! I nominate not me. I can't sing.
Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Pydro wrote:

Particle man, particle man, doing the things a particle can...

Seriously, we need to figure out who Particle Man and Universe Man are in SotM.  Because Absolute Zero is Triangle Man and Proletariat is Person Man.


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Tachyon.  A Tachyon is a particle, and all of Tachyon's incaps involve Triangles, and Frost with his flash freezing is one of the few who could counter Tachyon's speed.

 

Universe Man is likely Captain Cosmic.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Sep 05, 2013

Particle Man? Bee Bot

tarsonas
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: Jul 06, 2013

have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2012

"Size of the entire universe man."

Universe Man is obviously Cosminautilus.


McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 25, 2012

And Particle Man will presumably be Triangle Man's nemesis...


“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

So we have "Ask a forumite a question" and we have "Ask all forumites a question" so that only leaves one other possible pairing for this formula, "ask ONE forumite ALL the questions", I nominate Foote to answer all of questions, about anything that has ever happened or will ever happen.

My first question is "Why?"


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I second the nomination!


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

You missed "ask all the forumites all the questions".


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 25, 2012

We could ask one question all the forumites.


“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Awkward!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Did you ever find the pic?


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

No, I could never find the post! So I decided to leave that behind me... But the evil Siege-Breaker is out to ruin the Cursed Acolyte's Truth Seeker image!

Edit: Also I think I may have misinterpreted the post. Kind of like how easy it was for them to fool us with the whole Dr. Medico thing.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I was looking for the source of the six expansion comments, and found a few interesting posts. For what it's worth, I thought you had a good basis for your argument. It's just funny how everything turned against it.

Cursed Acolyte Truth Seeker = CATS


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

My basis just didn't come from me though! It was inspired by whatever thread that was on. Although... Now that I think about it, I wonder if it was refering to the fact that Fright Train wasn't going to be a solo villain?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 15, 2012

CATS? Oh no! They set us up the bomb! :(


I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I hate weekends on this forum.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

I totally agree! Why can't people make bunches of post?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 1 hour ago
AdminGame Designer
Joined: Aug 01, 2011

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.


"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Christopher wrote:

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.

I wonder what you could be packing...

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

So.....why no GSF launch party like Vengeance? We could've helped out.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Christopher wrote:

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.

I wonder what you could be packing...

Depends, a member of the NRA?


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Pydro wrote:

 

Ronway wrote:
Christopher wrote:

 

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.

I wonder what you could be packing...

 

Depends, a member of the NRA?

Need Ronway's Awesomeness?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Christopher wrote:

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.

I see no need for apologies. laugh


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Christopher wrote:

Sorry for not posting anything this weekend - been packing boxes all weekend.

By the way, thanks for everything.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

OK, let's get this out in the open. As far as I know, there might not be multiple people on this site. It could be one person with multiple accounts. The only real question is "which account is the real one?"


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

I'm not real!

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 25, 2012

Why does there have to be a real one? Why can't all of these accounts be equally (if not very) real?


“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Well, I can assure that I really am me, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise. I've always been arenson9.


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

CRAP! Posted that under the wrong account...

Where's that damn Edit button?!


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Rabit wrote:

Well, I can assure that I really am me, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise. I've always been arenson9.

I knew it. If you convert each letter to a number based on the position in the alphabet, then add up the numbers you get:

arenson9 = 95

Rabit = 50

arenson9 = rabit * 2 - 5 (you subtract five because there are five letters in "Rabit")


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Rabit wrote:

Well, I can assure that I really am me, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise. I've always been arenson9.

*giggles*


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jun 16, 2013

I have met people who claimed to have accounts on this site, at least. Whether or not they do, however, cannot be proven.

Of course, I could be referring to myself...


I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

I have another account that I had made, just so I could see how things looked as a non-playtester. It looks so odd!

Waffler
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: Dec 11, 2012

Ronway wrote:

I have another account that I had made, just so I could see how things looked as a non-playtester. It looks so odd!

All hail Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I think you are going to have to explain the name.

(You could've just logged out and accessed the forum as a guest.)


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Pydro wrote:

I think you are going to have to explain the name.

(You could've just logged out and accessed the forum as a guest.)

Waffler - Person who waffles.

But being logged out would make the website tell me to login, I couldn't have that. And I had a few things I would of used the account for, but decided against it, thus leaving it abandoned!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

So Gloomy recruited the Cursed Acolyte so he could make him breakfast?


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Of course, why else would Cursed Acolyte have the power of fire?

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Playtester
Joined: Feb 23, 2013

Pydro wrote:

I think you are going to have to explain the name.

(You could've just logged out and accessed the forum as a guest.)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I know there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not the name of a thread should clearly indicate what is in the thread. I wanted to know if the name of this thread was an issue.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Pydro wrote:

I know there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not the name of a thread should clearly indicate what is in the thread. I wanted to know if the name of this thread was an issue.

Looks like we need to split the thread!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

I sent a PM to the infamous Waffler, but, alas, he has ignored me.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

I hear he's a pretty rude guy!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

At least he acknowledges his rudeness.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

He has a good reason for it. Being from Kansas, he was sucked up by one of them there tornadoes, which took him to the land of Oz... But instead of going to the one that we all know and love, but the one from The Wiz!

Pages