Starter Kit tokens

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
gribble
gribble's picture
Starter Kit tokens

Here is a little something I put together for the first session (covering the first 2 issues). I'll look to add another sheet for hinder/bonus tokens and Unity's creations (both things we discovered in play would be useful), as well as future issues when/if we reach them. Hopefully it's obvious how they should be used and they come in useful for others as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/96d03chmkfvuut2/StarterKit-tokens.pdf?dl=1

:)

gribble
gribble's picture

I've updated the tokens, including a few new bits and pieces like Unity's creations and Bunker's modes.

degausser

Good job by the way!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Agreed -- thanks for creating these! :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Until we have an H emoticon:

ErekLich

These are simply amazing!  Thanks so much!

gribble
gribble's picture

Glad people are finding them useful! Hope the GTG crew are happy for me to share them.

A word on how I've used them, just in case there is any confusion (they are a little more complex now than the first iteration). The idea is that the minion/lieutenant tokens (except d12) are double-sided, so when they step down a die you simply flip them over (or replace them with the next lowest token). The modifier (and yellow persistent modifier) tokens are likewise double-sided (not because they flip in play, but just to cut down on the sheer number of tokens), plus they have a space at the bottom to write the name of the modifier (see the spider bot webs tokens for a pre-filled example).

The PC (and villain, when they actually exist) tokens are doubled sided too, so that once a PC has acted you flip the token to indicate that. The yellow "acted" tokens can be placed on minion group or lieutenant tokens to indicate the same (as these are already flipped to indicate the current die).

I've generally been handling locations with half-size index cards (I write the name of the location on the top of the card), which the relevant tokens are then placed on top of, though they could also be used for a more standard battlemat if desired.

Finally, the bunker mode cards can be used both to indicate his current mode, and to have a reference which can be layed on top of the left hand column of the second page of his character sheet, so you don't have to flip to his secondary mode reference sheet all the time.

gribble
gribble's picture

Just made another slight update and tidy up, the main change being more tokens for Unity to denote the basic action available to created minions and potential upgrades.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Is there any world where we can get these individual files dropped out? I'd love to load these up as files into roll20!

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

gribble
gribble's picture

Bowie wrote:

Is there any world where we can get these individual files dropped out? I'd love to load these up as files into roll20!

I'm not quite sure what you mean... but if you mean the individaul tokens as images, then sadly no.

The way I made them is inside a table in a word doc with actual text and multiple images. So the only way I can think of to do something like that would be to screen cap each token as an image. I don't have time for that unfortunately, but I'd be more than happy for you or someone else with the time to do so.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Went ahead and selected out all the elements from here needed for Roll20!

Thanks so much for your work, happy to build on it!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J6brzsaINcz8NEPRufAkQ6arH5VDbCc6

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

gribble
gribble's picture

Bowie wrote:

Went ahead and selected out all the elements from here needed for Roll20!

Cool - thanks! I should be rounding it out with tokens for the remaining adventures over the next week or too. When I do I'll post here.