Sentinels of the Multiverse - THE BOARD GAME to be available for demo at GenCon

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Octavian
Octavian's picture
Sentinels of the Multiverse - THE BOARD GAME to be available for demo at GenCon

From one of the designers, Kevin G. Nunn, on facebook:

For the last year, a single game design has consumed me. Sentinels of the Multiverse: the Board Game. In only a few days, the SotM:BG will make its world debut at Gen Con.

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/

It's been a huge undertaking. Getting to play in the Greater Than Games sandbox has been incredibly rewarding. Having the opportunity to bring a new dimension to their characters made me grow as a designer. Luther Hendricks has been a fantastic design partner who brought his own flair to the project. You'll want to be the first to check it out.

See you at Gen Con!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

As if I didn't have enough reasons to be angry about missing Gencon.

Cool that it is coming though.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

For probably the first time ever, I (almost) lament living thousands of miles away.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I cannot wait. :D

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

For probably the first time ever, I (almost) lament living thousands of miles away.

Me too

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

And, according to Twitter, this is not the same thing as the teaser photo that got posted. Which is crazy, and awesome.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BlueHairedMeerkat, for those of us who don't pay attention to Twitter, can you share a link to that conversation? Greatly appreciate it!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Until we have an H emoticon:

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

There's going to be two SotM board game properties then? 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Rabit wrote:

BlueHairedMeerkat, for those of us who don't pay attention to Twitter, can you share a link to that conversation? Greatly appreciate it!

https://twitter.com/GTGamesLLC/status/365978273563410433

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Trust me, I'm even more excited to show off what we've done than you guys are to see it.

See you at Gen-Con!

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Is this a part of the GtG booth, or somewhere else? Regardless, what a treat to hear!

Though I have no idea what this teaser image is, having never seen it, and little idea how. Twitter doesn't agree with me.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I put a copy of a teaser pic in this other thread:

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/new-sentinels-game-featuring-character-minis-3918

Which is NOT the the game that this thread is about. 

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Blossercubbles wrote:

Is this a part of the GtG booth, or somewhere else? Regardless, what a treat to hear! Though I have no idea what this teaser image is, having never seen it, and little idea how. Twitter doesn't agree with me.

It will be at the Greater Than Games booth. Either Kevin Nunn or I should be there at any given point in time; come by and say hello and check out what's coming down the pipe!

EDIT: I'm the guy with the long hair that isn't Chris.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

If that teaser pick is not the board game that is coming out....

Its gotta be the final expansion for the card game. Where Galactus (or whatever his SotM equivalent is) is trying to take over the whole universe (maybe even all the multiverses!) and we heros must travel around to all if the different environments from the game doing things to foil the takeover!

I mean, what else would look like a board game and not be the board game that they are making?

Chromium_Man

Foote wrote:

If that teaser pick is not the board game that is coming out....Its gotta be the final expansion for the card game. Where Galactus (or whatever his SotM equivalent is) is trying to take over the whole universe (maybe even all the multiverses!) and we heros must travel around to all if the different environments from the game doing things to foil the takeover!I mean, what else would look like a board game and not be the board game that they are making?

Still not sure about the teaser pic, but here's some pertinent information about the board game they are demoing at GenCon:

https://greaterthangames.com/blog/2013/08/a-most-august-announcement

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Wait, Legacy is still alive?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

A "tactics" style game? Hell. Yes. Look at Legacy and his grey hair! 

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

The main timeline got so messed up with the cataclysm, it doesn't surprise me that legacy is still alive. Wonder if young legacy is alive too?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Wait, Legacy is still alive?

Foote wrote:

The main timeline got so messed up with the cataclysm, it doesn't surprise me that legacy is still alive. Wonder if young legacy is alive too?

Have we ever had a definitive time of when Legacy was to die at the hands of Baron Blade? Could this be after 'our' time but before he dies (and nothing to do with timelines being messed up)?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Matchstickman wrote:

Have we ever had a definitive time of when Legacy was to die at the hands of Baron Blade? Could this be after 'our' time but before he dies (and nothing to do with timelines being messed up)?

No definitive time yet. It most likely is just prior to his death, but of course there are a few things that are slightly confusing, though can be easily explained. Such as Final Evolution depcting Legacy's gloves, but of course he could change costumes again and start wearing them. The next one being Sentinel Tactic's Legacy has gray hear, where Iron Legacy does not. But that just means either Iron Legacy dyes his hair or our timeline Legacy is a very stressed person.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That's my bet, matchstickman - it would make sense, given what info we have available at this point (which doesn't include a timeline for his death). They've been pretty clear there is the main daddy-Legacy-dies tinmeline and the alternate young-Legacy-dies-creating-Iron-Legacy timeline.

Could be wrong, I suppose, but that just makes sense to me. smiley

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We know that there is a mess with the timelines. Once these gets fixed, who is to say that one of the timelines that existed now will be the main one. I am thinking that whatever fixes everything will result in a timeline where neither Legacy or her daughter dies.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

From Iron Legacy's bio 

"When she reached 18 years old, Felicia was given a Legacy costume by her parents, and her father began training her in earnest. Her whole life had been dedicated to the pursuit of justice and preparing herself for the inevitable combat against evil, and she took to this new training like a champion. The years of crime-fighting with the Freedom Five were hard work, but some of the best years of her life.

Years later, Felicia Parsons was the best prepared to accept her father's death at the hands of Baron Blade."

If the Young Legacy we see is 18, we have an unspecified number of years until Legacy dies. He might die after Tactics, even. Or like Pydro said, the timelines may just be that messed up.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I remember seeing/hearing that they were going forward with Legacy being dead. At the least that should mean that he dies in the 'main' timeline, and at most he should be dead now. I may be misremembering, of course...

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yep, we don't know. Someone does, but we don't. wink Maybe we can beg Christopher, Adam, and Paul to share while they're in Indy this week...

(Personally, my bet is he doesn't die for quite a few years, but that's just my bet.)

tyquaius
Playtester

I would be really impressed if the game developers storyboard for every hero thinking legacy is dead, legacy turns out not to be dead and fights through time to get back to the present. A riff on Batman RIP and the rebirth of Bruce Wayne storyline.