Sentinels of the Movieverse

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017
Sentinels of the Movieverse

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this and I ask that any moderator who comes upon this thread move it to the proper place if it isn't in the correct place. Anyway I recently sent in a question to Adam and Christopher about wether or not there are movies based off of the sentinel comics comic books in the fictional universe in which the sentinel comics comics are published. So I was thinking about prospective sentinels movies and I got into a sort of marvel esque thinking with a bunch of phases. So here's what I was thinking.

 

phase 1 - freedom five stuff

 

The Indestructible bunker - a movie about bunkers war time probably mostly featuring generic enemy solider villains since most of bunkers villains don't really work well as main villains (well, except for choke point but she doesn't feel right in this movie).

 

The Wraith - tells the story of the wraith and features both ermine and spite with spite being the main villain and ermine being just a bad guy who shows up in the beginning.

 

Americas Greatest Legacy - actually tells the story of the formation of the freedom four but is titled after legacy because he's the most prominently featured and the freedom four don't appear until the end in wich they attack baron blade's mobile defense platform. Is more or less an expanded reselling of freedom four annual #1.

 

Freedom Five - tells the story of the freedom five Vs Omnitron I. Adds absolute zero to the mix.

 

Absolute Zero - not sure how this would go as absolute has a similar problem to bunker regarding nemeses but I think an absolute zero film would be *puts on sunglasses* cool. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

 

phase 2

 

tempest - all about tempest going to earth and growing accustomed to it. Would also feature F.I.L.T.E.R and Paige Huntley pre-K.N.Y.F.E. 

 

K.N.Y.F.E - would feature sergeant steel as a prominent villain.

 

Freedom Five: Alien Invasion - tells the story of grand warlord Voss's invasion with tempest featured as a prominent role.

 

Unity - would introduce unity to the Movieverse.

 

 Haka - would feature Haka and his origin story.

 

Bunker: Termi-nation - tells the story of the termi-nation event.

 

thats all I have for now. What do you guys think. What would your version if a Movieverse be?


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Edited by: X-metal on Oct 7 2017 - 6:13pm
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2016

In the Live At GenCon Letters Page episode, they mentioned that there was a few crappy live-action movies, and then it was a series of animated movies and TV shows that became the "Sentinels Cinematic Universe".

There was a pretty lively discussion in Twitch some time back about fantasy casting for Sentinels movies; I'd be kind of interested what live action and voice actors the forum goers would want to see.


"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

I admit I kind of just shunted the unity movie into my Movieverse because I wanted to have a movie introducing unity before termi-nation.


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

jffdougan
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Jeysie wrote:

In the Live At GenCon Letters Page episode, they mentioned that there was a few crappy live-action movies, and then it was a series of animated movies and TV shows that became the "Sentinels Cinematic Universe".There was a pretty lively discussion in Twitch some time back about fantasy casting for Sentinels movies; I'd be kind of interested what live action and voice actors the forum goers would want to see.

I don't recall whether I put anything in at the time or not. However, here are some off-the-cuff answers:

  • Ivan Ramonat, voiced by Tim Curry
  • John Rhodes, voiced by Simon Vance
  • Omnitron, voiced by Frank Welker
  • Meredith Stinson, voiced by Marguerite Gavin
  • Maia Montgomery, voiced by Kim Staunton
  • Devra Caspit, voiced by Katherine Kellgren
  • Hugh Lowsley, voiced by John Keating
  • Dana Bertrand, voiced by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • Amanda Cohen, voiced by January LaVoy
  • Tyler Vance, voiced by William Dufris  (actually, in an ideal world, I'd have him voiced by Simon Vance again)
  • Pete Riske, voiced by Eric Michael Summerer
  • Paul Parsons VIII, voiced by Rob Inglis
  • Harry "Slim" Walker, voiced by Nick Podehl
  • Aata Wakarewarewa, voiced by James Marsters
  • Grand Warlord Voss, voiced by Michael Page
  • Ryan Frost, voiced by Wil Wheaton
  • M'kk D'll't'n, voiced by Bruce Boxleitner

 

Incidentally, everybody I've mentioned up there does real voice acting work with the possible exception of Boxleitner.

 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2016

Mostly Boxleitner's just reprised Tron/Alan Bradley in games or cartoons (although it is still kinda notable for a live actor to be willing to do that versus getting a sound-alike for animated stuff), but he also voiced a major character in Spec Ops: The Line of all things.


"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

jffdougan
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Jeysie wrote:

Mostly Boxleitner's just reprised Tron/Alan Bradley in games or cartoons (although it is still kinda notable for a live actor to be willing to do that versus getting a sound-alike for animated stuff), but he also voiced a major character in Spec Ops: The Line of all things.

Then he qualifies. Everybody else I mentioned does some combination of voice acting/audiobook narration.

liarliar
liarliar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 50 sec ago
Joined: Oct 10, 2016

I think I'd like to see Jennifer Hale as the voice of Citizen Dawn, and maybe Grey DeLisle as Kismet. They both have the right kinds of scary!

Trajector
Trajector's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 11 min ago
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

jffdougan wrote:

Aata Wakarewarewa, voiced by James Marsters


I'd much rather see Haka voiced by someone of Maori descent. I mean, we just saw Temuera Morrison and Dwayne Johnson voice animated Maori characters, and they were pretty awesome at it.
jffdougan
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Trajector wrote:

 

jffdougan wrote:
Aata Wakarewarewa, voiced by James Marsters

 

I'd much rather see Haka voiced by someone of Maori descent. I mean, we just saw Temuera Morrison and Dwayne Johnson voice animated Maori characters, and they were pretty awesome at it.

I would be completely on board with Haka being voiced by somebody of Maori descent. I just wasn't able to name anybody off-hand who both was Maori-descended and did voice acting.

Under that circumstance, I'd probably move Marsters voicing to Chairman Pike.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2016

As admittedly cliche a suggestion it is, Neil Patrick Harris would make a pretty good Anthony Drake.

I also feel inspired by Planescape Torment and think John De Lancie would make a good Apostate.

(And continue to lament the loss of the awesome Tony Jay.)


"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Apr 24, 2013

Any musical role could be filled by NPH.

Case in point, the Music Meister episode of Batman: the Brave and the Bold.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2016

Indeed, though it helps that Anthony is also already established as both a fairly even-tempered and polite guy and a tenor.


"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

More lineup idea stuff

 

phase 3

 

Fanatic - tells the story of fanatic and apostate

 

RA - the story of... RA!!!

 

captain cosmic - tells the story of captain cosmic and his brother infinitor.  

 

Freedom Five: Vengance - tells the story of Vengance. 

 

Absolute zero 2 - no honest idea with this one actually.

 

Iron Legacy - standalone film about the iron legacy timeline. Or a legacy film where legacy travels to iron legacy timeline. Not really sure


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

So who would play chrono ranger?


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 34 sec ago
Joined: Jan 28, 2015

Rob Wiethoff


Sapienta potentia est

Trajector
Trajector's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 11 min ago
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Sam Elliot, of course.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Feb 10, 2013

Trajector wrote:

Sam Elliot, of course.

Sam Elliott can't play Chrono Ranger; he has to play Sheriff Pratt!

Viggo Mortensen, however...

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: Jul 05, 2017

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

 

Trajector wrote:
Sam Elliot, of course.

 

 

Sam Elliott can't play Chrono Ranger; he has to play Sheriff Pratt!

Viggo Mortensen, however...

 

Sam Elliott for Sheriff Pratt & Kurt Russell for Chrono Ranger

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

I feel like at least one person would be played by Nicholas cage in a live action version.


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 11 sec ago
Joined: Feb 26, 2016

Nicolas Cage should play Setback. :V

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

"I'm going to steal the declaration of the freedom five"


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Trajector
Trajector's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 11 min ago
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

It has alllll the hallmarks of a classic Nick Cage fiiiilm!

Under3
Under3's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 12 min ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 29, 2012

This would be my idea for a Marvel style first phases of Sentinel comics films.

Phase one - "freedom four"

Legacy - first film for sure, introduces the Parsons family and baron blade showing their history. Easter egg cameos aplenty, including Ryan Frost before the accident. Legacy defeats Blade but post credit scene shows Blade developing his anti Legacy serum.

Wraith - I think it's too early to throw in a character as dark as Spite, but Ermine would make for a fun villain plenty of cat and mouse back and forth and playing on hidden identities. Also introduces Rook City and the crime there.

Tachyon - shows her being brilliant basically, and the moment of her gaining her powers. Villain would be Glamour. Easter eggs include an incomplete Absolute Zero suit.
Introduces Lillian Corvus and Krystal Lee, the latter in a mildly antagonistic role.
Post credits shows Lee stealing the friction suit.

Bunker - war film similar to the first captain America film, introduces the Ironclad project, GI Bunker and Grandpa Legacy Vs Fyodor Ramonat. Easter egg of Proletariat. Post credits shows modern day, Tyler Vance and injured Steven Graves returning from duty and Tyler being offered an opportunity...

Freedom Four - Baron Blade returns as the villain requiring all our currently known heroes to have to band together to take him down. Easter ego of cryo chamber.
Post credits scene reveals Ryan Frost himself and him refusing the absolute zero suit.

Phase 2 - "freedom five/vengeance"

Legacy 2 - more team based but with focus on Legacy and a more grown up Pauline as Young Legacy having to team up against Omnitron. Bunker shows up here for not having his own phase 2 film. Post credits scene shows Kim Howell working on the Omnitron remains and a blast of energy. A second post credits shows Baron Blade finding Proletariat.

Wraith 2 - introduces Parse and Spite. Wraith struggles with conscience over dealing with Spite. Parse, obviously, deals killing blow.
Post credits scene shows mysterious going on with cultists and Spite's body and second post credits scene shows Baron Blade powering up Steven Graves (skipping a lot of his story, but eh... Films do that for some characters)

Nightmist - Lots of magic weirdness, cultists last seen in the Spite post credits scene. Lots of magic artifacts Easter eggs including the matriarch's mask. Final villain is Gloomweaver but not directly faced as mush as sealed off for a while.
Post credits shows a young woman's hand picking up an ornate mask and a fluttering of birds.

Tachyon 2 - features Ryan Frost chewing up all the scenery with snark from his cryo chamber. Cameo of Devra Caspit as new intern.
Villain originally appears to be Friction bitter over being replaced by Devra, but birds gradually appear more and more throughout the film and it soon becomes evident the real antagonist is the matriarch.
Post credits scene shows Friction a little worse for wear declaring she will have vengeance...

Freedom Five: Vengeance - big team up, Ryan Frost finally becomes Absolute Zero. Friction has minor role as team villain, lots of you again type jokes at her expense. Much less involved than the comic book story, fewer characters, much like civil war film compared to comic.

Phase 3

Expatriette - introduces the citizens of the sun and cameo of Dawn, but main villains would be some of the citizens themselves not Dawn. Pete Riske introduced.
Post credits shows the experiment to turn him into Setback.

Fixer - The Organisation as villains, main antagonist is the Operative with Pike as shadowy overseer. A lot of focus on the history between Fixer and the Operative.
Cameo from Wraith
Post credits shows Wraith and Fixer being taken down by an unknown entity.

Nightmist 2: Dark Watch - and that entity is, Spite! Returned from the dead by Gloomweaver and it's up to Dark Watch to take him down. Also sees Lillian start training under Nightmist and Fixer as a brief secondary antagonist with cameo from Zhu Long.
Again, cameo from Wraith.

Legacy 3 - Baron Blade returns again with bombs! They really weren't trying too hard with this one.

Freedom Five film - invasion from Citizen Dawn.

I expect the rest of phase three would be new characters getting films, likely the Prime Wardens characters finishing with an Argent Adept/Prime Wardens film where they team up against Akash Bhuta and a second Freedom Five film to keep familiar characters still in there, against Voss following the Tempest film.

Phase four - working up to Oblivaeon? The Legacy film for this phase would be Iron Legacy.

X-metal
X-metal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: Sep 24, 2017

Nice. I should add more to my version.


"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 6 min ago
Joined: Apr 24, 2013

Under3 wrote:

This would be my idea for a Marvel style first phases of Sentinel comics films.

Phase one - "freedom four"

Legacy - first film for sure, introduces the Parsons family and baron blade showing their history. Easter egg cameos aplenty, including Ryan Frost before the accident. Legacy defeats Blade but post credit scene shows Blade developing his anti Legacy serum.

Wraith - I think it's too early to throw in a character as dark as Spite, but Ermine would make for a fun villain plenty of cat and mouse back and forth and playing on hidden identities. Also introduces Rook City and the crime there.

Tachyon - shows her being brilliant basically, and the moment of her gaining her powers. Villain would be Glamour. Easter eggs include an incomplete Absolute Zero suit.
Introduces Lillian Corvus and Krystal Lee, the latter in a mildly antagonistic role.
Post credits shows Lee stealing the friction suit.

Bunker - war film similar to the first captain America film, introduces the Ironclad project, GI Bunker and Grandpa Legacy Vs Fyodor Ramonat. Easter egg of Proletariat. Post credits shows modern day, Tyler Vance and injured Steven Graves returning from duty and Tyler being offered an opportunity...

Freedom Four - Baron Blade returns as the villain requiring all our currently known heroes to have to band together to take him down. Easter ego of cryo chamber.
Post credits scene reveals Ryan Frost himself and him refusing the absolute zero suit.

Phase 2 - "freedom five/vengeance"

Legacy 2 - more team based but with focus on Legacy and a more grown up Pauline as Young Legacy having to team up against Omnitron. Bunker shows up here for not having his own phase 2 film. Post credits scene shows Kim Howell working on the Omnitron remains and a blast of energy. A second post credits shows Baron Blade finding Proletariat.

Wraith 2 - introduces Parse and Spite. Wraith struggles with conscience over dealing with Spite. Parse, obviously, deals killing blow.
Post credits scene shows mysterious going on with cultists and Spite's body and second post credits scene shows Baron Blade powering up Steven Graves (skipping a lot of his story, but eh... Films do that for some characters)

Nightmist - Lots of magic weirdness, cultists last seen in the Spite post credits scene. Lots of magic artifacts Easter eggs including the matriarch's mask. Final villain is Gloomweaver but not directly faced as mush as sealed off for a while.
Post credits shows a young woman's hand picking up an ornate mask and a fluttering of birds.

Tachyon 2 - features Ryan Frost chewing up all the scenery with snark from his cryo chamber. Cameo of Devra Caspit as new intern.
Villain originally appears to be Friction bitter over being replaced by Devra, but birds gradually appear more and more throughout the film and it soon becomes evident the real antagonist is the matriarch.
Post credits scene shows Friction a little worse for wear declaring she will have vengeance...

Freedom Five: Vengeance - big team up, Ryan Frost finally becomes Absolute Zero. Friction has minor role as team villain, lots of you again type jokes at her expense. Much less involved than the comic book story, fewer characters, much like civil war film compared to comic.

Phase 3

Expatriette - introduces the citizens of the sun and cameo of Dawn, but main villains would be some of the citizens themselves not Dawn. Pete Riske introduced.
Post credits shows the experiment to turn him into Setback.

Fixer - The Organisation as villains, main antagonist is the Operative with Pike as shadowy overseer. A lot of focus on the history between Fixer and the Operative.
Cameo from Wraith
Post credits shows Wraith and Fixer being taken down by an unknown entity.

Nightmist 2: Dark Watch - and that entity is, Spite! Returned from the dead by Gloomweaver and it's up to Dark Watch to take him down. Also sees Lillian start training under Nightmist and Fixer as a brief secondary antagonist with cameo from Zhu Long.
Again, cameo from Wraith.

Legacy 3 - Baron Blade returns again with bombs! They really weren't trying too hard with this one.

Freedom Five film - invasion from Citizen Dawn.

I expect the rest of phase three would be new characters getting films, likely the Prime Wardens characters finishing with an Argent Adept/Prime Wardens film where they team up against Akash Bhuta and a second Freedom Five film to keep familiar characters still in there, against Voss following the Tempest film.

Phase four - working up to Oblivaeon? The Legacy film for this phase would be Iron Legacy.

Totally would be willing to watch this for real.

Blackfang108
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 21 min ago
Joined: May 31, 2016

in Wraith 1, I would definitely tease the Orginization in there.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 13 min ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2012

Chrono-Ranger is definitely Mathew "High Noon" Mercer.

Wager Master is Alex Hirsch (Bill Cipher)

Guise is JonTron

Legacy is Nathan Fillion

Dawn is Jane Lynch


McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector