Rampant speculation about principles!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
degausser
Rampant speculation about principles!

So, here we are.  The Kickstarter is over, and there’s nothing we can do but just sit back and wait until the character creation rules come out, which could take months.  So what do we do in the meantime?

SPECULATE WILDLY!

Here is what I propose.  Take sentinels characters and try and figure out principles for them.  We know about the freedom 5+unity, and Daybreak. But what about the Prime Wardens?  Dark Watch?  Guise and Scholar?  Stuntman?

If you are wondering, I’ve compiled a list of RPG stuff in the link below, including a lot of known principles (I probably missed one or two, let me know politely if you spot an omission.). Let’s see where this take us?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Ku4jwoE7lAI4u24HevTFc6SuqszB7s-IFRzvlq-L3o

VGBM
VGBM's picture

Okay, Setback definitely has Principle of Levity. And his archetype is definitely Wild Card.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I could see Mantra (new name for Mr. Fixer) having the Principle of The Mentor.

Also, I could see him having a different named version for the Principle of Clockwork. Clockwork doesn't fit with what he is all about, but I could see him having a principle on the order of things and understanding how that order is created and disrupted.

Honestly, I think the harder part is figuring out what mechanics we will call them, there are some easy things in figuring out what is important to the character.

Also, Expat totally has Principle of the Tactician, she clearly prepared for this and that's why she planted a rifle with special ammo in this warehouse two years ago.

degausser

I would put Dark Watch as:

Classic Dark Watch:

Expatriette: Principle of the tactician, Principle of Stealth

Mr. Fixer: Principle of the Mentor and Principle of the Hero (Remember, Mr. Fixer does what he does so that the chairman doesn't hurt the people of Rook City.)

Setback: Principle of Levity, Principle of Strength.

Nightmist: Principle of Great Power, Principle of the Detective

And: Harpy: Principle of the Inner Demon, Principle of Mastery

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Argent Adept probably has that principle that Muse has about using powers in new ways. 

degausser

Updated with a few I missed from Season 1 character creation.  Not much information on them, (Principle of the Lab and Principle of the indestructable.)  I seem to recall Bubbles also had principle of . . . immortality I think?  Longevity?  If anyone can remember, please let me know.

Here's my thoughts on some solo heroes?

Stuntman: Principle of Ambition, Principle of the tactician (at least when he was Ambuscade.  Stuntman seems far more reckless.)

Guise: Principle of Levity.  Principle of the I win at everything.  (Or Principle of Whispers, explaining his 'knowledge' of the fourth wall.)

Parse: Principle of the Gearhead (more for computer stuf than Engineering stuff), Principle of Clockwork

Chrono-Ranger/Time-Slinger: Principle of the Time Traveler, Principle of Order (Or Principle of the hero)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Does anyone remember off the top of their head which books are adding more to character creation? There's a good chance that cannon character sheets(that aren't going to be in the base book, at the very least) may have band new Principles and such.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Dark Watch sounds like the only one so far with new principles 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I wouldn't be surprised then if they use a new Principle or two among the Dark Watch cast.

A question: is there a Martial Artist/Kung Fu Principle? Because If anyone should have that, it should be Mr. Fixer/Mantra.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm willing to bet Guise's book will have some.

Because, well... Guise. ;-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Until we have an H emoticon:

Missingno
Missingno's picture

degausser wrote:

Parse: Principle of the Gearhead (more for computer stuf than Engineering stuff), Principle of Clockwork

I feel Principle of the Tactition would suit her better.  That's how she acts in the card game after all and the most she deals with tech is in her background.

I'll put things in here later.

degausser

Just for fun: Principles of the villains-turned-heroes.  Again, these are just my guesses off of an incomplete list.

Luminary: Principle of Ambition, Principle of the Gearhead.

Lifeline: Principle of Exorcism, Principle of . . . space?

Akash'Thrya: Principle of Great power, Principle of the team (in a "All living creatures working together" sort of way.)

La Camadora: Principle of the Time Traveler, Principle of the tactician.

Aaaaaaand the Southwest Sentinels.  (Note, I said southwest Sentinels, Voidguard would probably have a few differences.)

Dr. Medico: Principle of healing, Principle of (Element-Healing energy)

Mainstay: Principle of Stength, Principle of the team

Idealist: Principle of Levity, Principle of Mastery

Writhe: Principle of the Gearhead, Principle of (Element-Shadow)

Anyone who has any other ideas, or would like to voice their own opinions is free to chime in, as long as you are civil.

Strangething
Strangething's picture

I had a list of Principles going myself, and it looks like you have every one I had, and then some. 

Thanks for sharing!