Power choices and selection

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rogue Lich
Power choices and selection

Narratively, Super Quarterstaff Guy fights with, you may have guessed, a quarterstaff.

Can he do this with the Agility power (in the Athletic category)? Or does he have to have the Signature Weaponry power?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You would use Signature Weapon from what you’re describing.   Now you could use different qualities for attacking using it.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

That said, there's flexibility.  If his schtick is "this quarterstaff is my ancestral weapon, I have practiced with it until it is like an extension of my own body, but give me a spear and I'm completely useless" then by all means go with Signature Weapon.  If he's a martial arts practictioner who favors the quarterstaff but could use other things in a pinch, another Power might be more appropriate.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

catDreaming

Or, run back a mix of the two. If he's especially practiced, or almost always seen with that quarterstaff, then Signature Weapon is an easy pick.

If Super Quarterstaff Guy often incorporates his Agility into how he is a hero, or in how he fights in general, then you could also easy pick Agility.

It's really a case of how you see them being a hero, even beyond situations where they are beating someone unconscious with the quarterstaff.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Also look at the RED zone abilities for the 2 diffrent powers. If one has something you want and the other has nothing for you you might only need one.

Big difference is the narative logic of how you use Agility or Signature Weapon for non attack basic actions. a guy with a big stick might boost/hinder/overcome differently then someone with balance and reflexes and some situations it might not really make sense to use one of them.

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.