Optional Rule: Massive Damage to Lieutenants

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
degausser
Optional Rule: Massive Damage to Lieutenants

One of my few problems with the SCRPG is Lieutenants and how sometimes they can be even worse than Villains.  A villain you can nickel and dime down, where as Lieutenants can take up to a minimum of six hits to go down.  And, a lieutenant can (technically) take more damage than a villain.

A Villain that gets hit by an orbital death Laser can get taken out in one shot, but a D6 Lieutenant?  He could (rules as written) take 9999 Damage and he’d still only degrade 1 step.  

Rediculus you say?  Sure. But I had Wraith do around 20ish Damage in the starter kit, enough to do serious damage to a villain, but it only degrades a Lieutenant from a d10 to d8?

My optional rule is that if a Lieutenant suffers damage from a single attack that deals damage equal to twice their die size, they get automatically taken out (as if a minion failed a save.  So 8 damage to a d4 minion, 12 Damage to a d6, 16 Damage to a d8 and so on.

Thoughts?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

This is the ruling with the preview chapters.  Which states if a lieutenant is dealt damage equal to or double their die size they are immediately knocked out. 

If you are a backer and have the preview chapters it’s page 25 in chapter 2

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

degausser

@powerhound2000

LoL, really?  I guess I havn’t read the chapter as closely as I thought.  I came up with that optional rule 6 months ago at the end of my Sentinels starter kit game before the preview chapters came out!  Guess they picked up on my brainwave? I hadn’t told anyone but my group until just now!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

They've been kicking that rule around since the first livestream at least.  They mentioned it existed but hadn't been finalized yet.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!