One Night Ultimate Werewolf PbF #1

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
One Night Ultimate Werewolf PbF #1

This is One Night Ultimate Werewolf. If you would like to read the full rules, check here: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/96373/one-night-ultimate-werewolf-rule...

The basic idea is that each player will have a secret role allied either with the Villagers or the Werewolves. During the Night Phase, players with a Night action will do that action in secret. Then, during the Day Phase, players will discuss who they would like to "kill," with the goal of selecting someone on the opposing team. After a pre-determined time for discussion, players will vote on the one to "kill." The team whose player "dies" is the losing team.

All secret and Night actions will be handled via PMs with me, the moderator, as I will not be playing a role myself. The Night Phase will conclude when all actions have been taken, and I will announce the beginning of the Day Phase. The Day Phase will last for 24 hours. After that, all players will post a single vote; a vote that is subsequently edited will disqualify the voting player from the game.

The roles being used in this game are as follows.

Villager x 3 (No Night actions)

Werewolf x 2 (Night action: to discover who the other Werewolf is, if one is present)

Seer x 1 (Night action: discover the identity of one player, or discover two of the untaken roles)

Robber x 1 (Night action: may swap roles with one other player, then act as that new role)

Troublemaker x 1 (Night action: swap the roles of two other players)

Tanner x 1 (No Night action. Wins if killed)

The players in this game are BlueHairedMeerkat, Silverleaf, Nielzabub, Rabk, McBehrer, and Humble-Knight. Expect a PM soon with your role. I will announce when all roles have been distributed.

Night Phase has concluded. Voting will occur at 12 Noon Eastern on Friday 01 August.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Edited by: Craig on Aug 2 2014 - 10:08pm
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

All roles have been distributed. Please PM me with your Night action, if you have one. Once all Night actions are in and resolved, the Day Phase will begin.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Awesome

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I should have mentioned. All roles in this game, with the exception of the Werewolves and the Tanner, are on Team Villager.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I keep remembering things. Lol The Seer will view cards before the Robber can swap, who will do their action before the Troublemaker can swap. Don't worry about this when messaging me, but you'll want to take it into account during the Day Phase.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Wow. Robber+Toublemaker pretty seriously nerfs the Seer, especially with this few players. This will be fun.

I assume the roles were dealt randomly - since there are more roles than players, are both werewolves guaranteed to be in the game?

...yeah, me too.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Rabk wrote:

Wow. Robber+Toublemaker pretty seriously nerfs the Seer, especially with this few players. This will be fun.I assume the roles were dealt randomly - since there are more roles than players, are both werewolves guaranteed to be in the game?

Yeah, that's definitely intentional.

There are always three more roles than the number of players. They were chosen randomly by a dice roller app on my phone. That also means that there is no guarantee that both of the Werewolves, or even one, is in the game.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Ahh, that's what I get for not reading the "One Night"-specific win conditions. I'm with you now. Thanks.

...yeah, me too.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Absolutely.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

That would suck if there was no werewolf

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

It would make for an interesting game, to be sure.

Alright, folks. I am awake bright and early! All Night actions have been performed. Because it's very early (0545 Eastern time), the Day Phase will last slightly more than 24 hours. I will ask for discussion to stop at 12 Noon Eastern time on Friday 01 August, when we will vote.

Begin the Day Phase discussion now!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Discussion is very free form. You may say whatever you like. You may tell other people what your role is; whether or not they believe you is another story. You may tell people what your Night action was; whether or not they believe you is another story. You may tell people who you plan to vote for; whether or not they believe you is another story.

Have fun arguing!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'm going to start off by accusing Rabk of nefarious doing because his avatar is a mouse, which is close to being a rat, and all rats are evil.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I'm going to point out that Nielzabub's fast and frivolous accusation is clearly an attempt to sow dissent amongst our ranks, and thus clearly he is a werewolf.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I'm going to be quiet. This almost never works, but I'm going to try it anyway. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

I'm going to be quiet. This almost never works, but I'm going to try it anyway. 

It's okay, Silverleaf. As the seer, I know you are a villager, unless your role was swapped by someone during the night phase. As the seer it is my job to give portents of doom which get ignored by everyone and bites them on the ass later, quite literally in this case. The real werewolf would not draw such obvious attention to itself.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT A WEREWOLF WOULD SAY

(EDIT: I, by the way, am or was a villager. No idea what I am now, mind.)

-Reckless

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Nah, a werewolf is more likely to point the town into chasing down the town weirdo, which is in this case the seer, to detract suspicion from him or herself.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I think the obvious choice is silver leaf, because there is a song about werewolves in London and she's closest to there

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

No, she's not...

-Reckless

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

That song is terrible. And I'm hundreds of miles away from London. Does this sound like a southern accent?

Damn it, Ronway!

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

No, but I didn't know anyone else in this game was from the UK

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Well, there's a certain suricate...

Damn it, Ronway!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I just know that I'm pretty sure I don't know anything.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

WEREWOLF.

-Reckless

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

See, Nielzabub, you forgot that the wererats and the werewolves are engaged in a millenia-long racial war and I am violently opposed to the wolf faction.

Plus, I'm a villager.

...yeah, me too.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Well, assuming that everyone's being truthful, which some of us probably aren't, that leaves only McBeher and Humble Knight unaccounted for in their roles.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

-- Trajector

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

But McBehrer: me, Rabk and Silverleaf have the villager cards!

-Reckless

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

assuming you're all telling the truth, of course.

-- Trajector

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

And of course I say, I'm a villager

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'm the only one who's come clean about not being a villager, which means I'm the most trustworthy of this bunch.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Or you and Silverleaf are werewolves.

-Reckless

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I thought about posting in this thread but as I am only a spectator I thought it might be confusing, so I didn't.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Or you and Silverleaf are werewolves.

You've been throwing the word werewolf around a lot. Is this some sort of psychological guilt?

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

No, it's just that using the word 'werewolf' is a vital part of the goal of the game. You know, finding the werewolf?

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to be AFK for a while, so I'll post some actual serious thoughts. Thought number one, at least two people here are liars, so we're definitely looking for a werewolf as opposed to trying to rule out the existence of one (since only werewolves and the tanner have reason to lie; everyone else would want to help the group). Thought number two, impersonating a unique character is a high-risk gamble; impersonating them before anyone else reveals their identity is silly, since if you wait until others speak then you're more likely to name a character in the middle. Therefore, Nielzabub is probably genuinely the Seer. Thought number three, since the Troublemaker hasn't spoken up, we can assume they're not in the game, since it's in their interest to give us information. Therefore, if we assume that Nielzabub is the Seer then Silverleaf is either a Villager or the Robber (if her card got stolen, though again if the Robber was in the game and took a Villager card then they really should have spoken up by now.), and so either way she's on the side of the light. So that leaves two Villagers, two Werewolves and a Tanner in circulation, most likely; I'm a Villager, so (if you believe me and trust my logic) half of the possible remaining cards are now Werewolves, which is not a bad place to be.

Oh, and if anyone comes forwards as Robber or Troublemaker now, they're probably werewolves.

-Reckless

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

If you think I'm a werewolf, you should probably kill me. But then the werewolves win. And you'd only want that if you yourself are a werewolf. 

Damn it, Ronway!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Honestly, I think it's meerkat. The logic stands on its own, but it's nothing special. He's probably just saying it so we trust him; (sarcasm) a werewolf wouldn't POSSIBLY be able to come up with that. (/sarcasm)

Edit: HTML removed my sarcasm tags

-- Trajector

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Discussion ends in around 3.5 hours from when I am posting this. I've decided that, rather than accepting votes in this thread, I will close comments at that time. You can PM me your vote, which I will then post here. This will prevent possible campaigning after discussion has ended and editing of votes.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I think Meerkat, Silverleaf, and I are mostly safe. That leaves McBeher, Rabk, and Humbleknight. I'm willing to lean on Humbleknight as a werewolf because he's been eerily quiet during the discussion.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

And asleep. You know those werewolves are just terrible at staying awake at night, especially after going to the midnight showing of Guardians of the Galaxy

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I'm going to guess it's meerkat solely for accusing everyone else so vehemently, and because he gave no real reason to believe he is telling the truth. Though you go a step further and guess he might be the Tanner. Damn I'm talking myself in circles

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Alright. Discussion is now closed. Please send me, via PM, your vote on who needs a lynchin'. I will post the individual votes and the final results here when I have heard from everyone.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Alright. Something completely unanticipated has arisen. We have a three way tie. Two votes each for McBehrer, Humble-Knight, and BlueHairedMeerkat.

Because I am not a benevolent deity, but a capricious sower of chaos, I will not tell you who voted for whom. I will, however, reopen discussion until Noon EDT tomorrow 02 August. Come to a consensus, for next time, I will declare a tie, even if it means more than one team wins!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Well, that's odd. I am now accusing Silverleaf.

-- Trajector

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Well of course you are...

Damn it, Ronway!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I mean, just look at her! She just seems... sketchy

-- Trajector

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Humble Knight and Rabk are still suspiciously absent from this conversation.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Sorry I was too engrossed in a brilliant played game of SoTM, especially the Setback...

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

pssh excuses!

-- Trajector

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

That comment was mostly to suck up to Niel (the game was a G+ game they were playing).

Pages