- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Or that kid Guise terro- I mean "helps"

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

Or that kid Guise terro- I mean "helps"

I always thought that was Thiago, but I guess I was wrong. The more parts, the merrier, though!

Also, what is Thiago or Some Kid (his official name in headcanon) doing talking to serial killers? Especially Thiago. Even if he had a dark side lapse before becoming Ra, how is anyone going to take him seriously?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who thought the kid on Santa Guise was Thiago until Guise's podcast. I think I just chalked the sudden switch to red hair up to being that sort of thing in real life comics where characters would always get their hair and eye colors accidentally swapped around from time to time.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Sum Kidd. That's his name now.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Lord Flash Fire

His father, Mr. Kidd, is a vertically challenged person, and he's sick of his name and people making fun of him for his height, and he sure isn't having some purple-yellow moron messing with his son. 

New Tactics villain confirmed.

Also, Blue-Eyes... White Drag- I mean Blue-Eyed Bard, how goes the casting?

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Reshiram!

"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Blackfang108
Playtester

The Blue-Eyed Bard wrote:

I can empathize. I'm using a Blue Snowball myself, but those things go for $50-70, a not-insignificant investment.Have any friends you can borrow one from?

Eh, I've been meaning to get one anyway.  I'll not have a chance to do much with my shiny new microphone (man, it IS shiny) until Thursday, though.

Stupid Responsibilities.

The Blue-Eyed Bard
The Blue-Eyed Bard's picture

X-metal wrote:

I own a microphone but my voice is too young and high to possibly be any character from the multiverse.

Well, yeah, with that attitude. My voice is low and can be gruff, but it's nasal, atonal, and I sometimes hiss my S's. Doin' this shizz anyway, though.

If this is something you want to do, though, do it. I'm behind you 100%. You want to be Grand Warlord Voss with an addiction to helium? Go for it. You want to be Chibi Blade, it's yours.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Also, Blue-Eyes... White Drag- I mean Blue-Eyed Bard, how goes the casting?

Apologies for the radio silence; it was a busy weekend. Still only have one submission for Equity. I've mixed and combined his part with my own, though, and I don't think it's bad at all for a first attempt from each of us. You'll all get to hear it soon enough, even if it's the only entry for the vote.

Remember, aspiring assassins (asprassins?), this Friday is the deadline!

Not to be confused with that Deadline.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I think guests work out much better than a narrator.  Then it's "Killing the Sentinels Universe with Heartbreaker and Equity."

You get a little banter, introduce a guest that is appropriate, and then discuss killing the target of the week, from three perspectives, one of which would be a nemesis.

The Almighty Weasel
The Almighty Weasel's picture

Damn, if I had a microphone I would be so up for being Equity. If Equity can be English, that is. And mildly exasperated with literally everything.

Ceterum, censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Blackfang108 wrote:

I can empathize. I'm using a Blue Snowball myself, but those things go for $50-70, a not-insignificant investment.Have any friends you can borrow one from?

Eh, I've been meaning to get one anyway.  I'll not have a chance to do much with my shiny new microphone (man, it IS shiny) until Thursday, though.Stupid Responsibilities. 

And, because of the stupid CTA, I managed to actually play with my new Microhone (a Samson Meteor in chrome) and a recorfing software (Audacity) last night. I think I have an diea of where I'm going with this.

If nothing else, it's a pretty good Mic.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Blackfang108 wrote:

Blackfang108 wrote:

Eh, I've been meaning to get one anyway.  I'll not have a chance to do much with my shiny new microphone (man, it IS shiny) until Thursday, though.Stupid Responsibilities. 

And, because of the stupid CTA, I managed to actually play with my new Microhone (a Samson Meteor in chrome) and a recorfing software (Audacity) last night. I think I have an diea of where I'm going with this.If nothing else, it's a pretty good Mic.

Audacity is what I'm currently learning to mix everything in. It's not too terrible a learning curve. I should really set some time aside for some SchmooTube tutorials, rather than trying to teach myself, though.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

The Almighty Weasel wrote:

Damn, if I had a microphone I would be so up for being Equity. If Equity can be English, that is. And mildly exasperated with literally everything.

Equity absolutely can be English, Weasel. Like I mentioned before, I see no reason why a villain looking for anonymity wouldn't adopt or affect an accent. Equity would, in particular, work as a snide Brit, I think. You've still got time to beg, borrow, or steal a mic...

Blackfang108
Playtester

Equity absolutely can be English, Weasel. Like I mentioned before, I see no reason why a villain looking for anonymity wouldn't adopt or affect an accent. Equity would, in particular, work as a snide Brit, I think. You've still got time to beg, borrow, or steal a mic...

My first couple of attempts at Equity had my (absolutely atrocious) Fake "Isles" accent.  Mostly because that's my default "voice."

I decided to try and dial myself back to the general Midwestern accent from my light Chicago accent, because my Isles accent is terrible, not because UK wouldn't work (I can totally see it) but because mine's worse than Gabrielle Anwar's fake Irish accent in episode 1 of Burn Notice.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Blackfang108 wrote:

My first couple of attempts at Equity had my (absolutely atrocious) Fake "Isles" accent.  Mostly because that's my default "voice."I decided to try and dial myself back to the general Midwestern accent from my light Chicago accent, because my Isles accent is terrible, not because UK wouldn't work (I can totally see it) but because mine's worse than Gabrielle Anwar's fake Irish accent in episode 1 of Burn Notice.

AHHH! I'm so damn delighted to see someone else who hated that accent as much as I did. I loved that show, but CRINGE anytime that accent is used, even in the opening credits. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

My problem is similar; I have a pretty good voice, but the best I can manage is my laptop mic. And my laptop is getting old and bad, too, so getting it to actually work is a pain.

I'll do what I can, though.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Blackfang108 wrote:

My first couple of attempts at Equity had my (absolutely atrocious) Fake "Isles" accent.  Mostly because that's my default "voice."I decided to try and dial myself back to the general Midwestern accent from my light Chicago accent, because my Isles accent is terrible, not because UK wouldn't work (I can totally see it) but because mine's worse than Gabrielle Anwar's fake Irish accent in episode 1 of Burn Notice.

AHHH! I'm so damn delighted to see someone else who hated that accent as much as I did. I loved that show, but CRINGE anytime that accent is used, even in the opening credits. 

MuaYammi.

That's a sick burn.

Just sent you a recording, hope it comes across okay!

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

The Blue-Eyed Bard

And we've reached the deadline. Well, we will have by midnight EST, I suppose. At the moment, I've got three more auditions to splice together (so far). Once they're all as good as I can get them, I'll post the all on here and we can vote on everyone's favorites. I've got family plans this evening and gaming tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be able to make some progress in between those commitments.

Hope I'm not the only one getting excited here! :D

Lord Flash Fire

Hope I'm not the only one getting excited here! :D

Nope.

-Someone special, 2012

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I'm going to have some funsies recording stuff later today, as I've pretty much only just regained the ability to hear again after I woke up Sunday with my ears clogged. :P (I mean, is there an actual purpose to ear wax production other than making me miserable every few months? I have often wondered this. :P)

Next project after that: Relisten to the Urban Environments episode.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Keeping the canals clear of everythng else, mostly.

Still sucks when you have too much.  Good luck!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Finally sent over something in my terribly milquetoast voice after having a moment of self-consciousness.

(I went with a sort of "trying to channel Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams" thing for Equity in particular.)

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

I’m not sure I have the acting chops to do a voice(although I could see trying to do Biomancer with in a sort of French aristocrat like voice). But if you are looking to put together a writer room I’d love to throw some jokes against the wall and see what sticks.  

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Nilus wrote:

I’m not sure I have the acting chops to do a voice(although I could see trying to do Biomancer with in a sort of French aristocrat like voice). But if you are looking to put together a writer room I’d love to throw some jokes against the wall and see what sticks.  

Any contributions are welcome. Head on over to the Drive folder we have set up for it - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-UgIw3zhOg3QjNJcmZwMUU4bFk?usp=... - and look through the discussion doc, if you'd like. 

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Alright! We have four official submissions for the part of Equity and one additional, special submission that involved one intrepid aspirant trying their hand at both parts!

I’ve anonymized the submissions and gathered them here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11yhyUHeyZtYOgdZVzo9gnZ1Sx9pZqWll?usp=sharing

And boy howdy, am I sick of my own voice!

So, anyone who would like to contribute to the democratic process of electing our new Equity should feel free to listen to the lot of these and let us know their favorite.

Feedback is not only welcome, it’s strongly encouraged. Everyone involved in the submission process has an interest in this sort of thing and would, if they’re anything like me, appreciate constructive feedback regarding their performances. What you liked, what you didn’t like, what you thought could be improved, what you thought was done perfectly…anything and everything. We want to do this, but we want to do it as well as we can, and continually raise the bar as we go. That includes my amateur-at-best audio editing.

I’ve got a few thoughts on roles, especially regarding the special submission, but will keep them to myself for now. I want your thoughts at this point.

Voting will go through the week, concluding on the 24th. Even with the holiday, that should give folks plenty of time to listen to a handful of two-to-three-minute sound clips and share their thoughts on them.

And, by this time next week, we’ll have our Equity.

Blackfang108
Playtester

And, by this time next week, we’ll have our Equity.

Yay!!!

Where are we actually casting our votes?  (If it's in the drive, I don't have access at work)

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Here's as good a place as any.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Shiny.  I'll vote once I've had the chance to actually listen.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Brownie points for the Firefly reference. 

But brownie points won't win this for anyone. You need bonus points for that.

Ironically, the best way to score bonus points is by giving me brownies.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Brownie points for the Firefly reference. But brownie points won't win this for anyone. You need bonus points for that.Ironically, the best way to score bonus points is by giving me brownies.

If I adopted it into my everyday speech patterns years ago, does it still count as a reference?  (Asking for a friend)

I'll see if I can get my fiancee to bake brownies.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Welp, missed it, because I'm bad at remembering things. Woops.

-- Trajector

The Blue-Eyed Bard

It's all good, McB. Apparently, you'll be our first choice for Biomancer...?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Aw, nobody else has voted yet? D: Maybe everybody's busy for the holiday?

I think I like Submission 2 the best for having the most personality while still sounding formal and kind of deceptively middle class bank teller. Only caveat is that I think they might need to slow down a little on their delivery. (Common goof when reading a script, tho.)

Submission 3 is a really close runner-up, however. Had an amusing "you're so annoying but I guess you're my friend somehow anyway so I guess I'll talk to you" vibe.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Maybe you and I are just more excited about it than the entire rest of the fanbase, Jeysie. ;)

Your votes have been noted. Your feedback, too. Thanks for both. Here's to hoping you won't be the only one voting!

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Can’t vote. To busy eating turkey! 

i honestly won’t get a chance to listen until early next week 

Blackfang108
Playtester

Nilus wrote:

Can’t vote. To busy eating turkey! i honestly won’t get a chance to listen until early next week 

which is after voting closes tomorrow...

Honestly, I agree with Jeysie, for much the same rationale. 

Same vote and runoff. 

Edit: though a special shout out to the special submission. Totally needs to have a recurring role. 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@The Blue-Eyed Bard: Aw. :(

Considering Nilus's comment, maybe it is just the holiday and we need to extend things another week.

The Blue-Eyed Bard

Yeah, no worries. Voting extended until the end of the month.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I have a question for our good old gods Christopher and Adam: how canon is this?

"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Blackfang108
Playtester

Yeah, no worries. Voting extended until the end of the month.

Totally fair.

Hope everyone who celebrates had a good holiday.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@X-metal: It's a fan project, so it's only as canon as the canon information the fandom has to work from.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

@X-metal: It's a fan project, so it's only as canon as the canon information the fandom has to work from.

That said, it's probably canon in ONE universe.  Didn't Christopher & Adam say that every single game of SotM played is a canon game?
The Blue-Eyed Bard

Blackfang108 wrote:

Jeysie wrote:

That said, it's probably canon in ONE universe.  Didn't Christopher & Adam say that every single game of SotM played is a canon game?

Equity: Alright, mate. Well...y'knew we were gonna come t'this - Guise.
Heartbreaker: Guise? GUISE? What the hell, man? He was impossible to kill before. Now that he's found Excalibur, become the newest pilot of Voltron, acquired the One Ring, collected the Deathly Hallows, learned the ways of Force, married the Nexus of All Realities, and converted the Holy Grail into a Pimp's Cup, it'd be like trying to fight God! And that would be if he didn't take me over halfway through this sentence and magically turn me into a sandwich.

*Heartbreaker turns into a sandwich*

Equity: Well. Looks like my client list just doubled. Ooh, a reuben!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Blackfang108 wrote:
 Jeysie wrote:

Equity: Alright, mate. Well...y'knew we were gonna come t'this - Guise.Heartbreaker: Guise? GUISE? What the hell, man? He was impossible to kill before. Now that he's found Excalibur, become the newest pilot of Voltron, acquired the One Ring, collected the Deathly Hallows, learned the ways of Force, married the Nexus of All Realities, and converted the Holy Grail into a Pimp's Cup, it'd be like trying to fight God! And that would be if he didn't take me over halfway through this sentence and magically turn me into a sandwich.*Heartbreaker turns into a sandwich*Equity: Well. Looks like my client list just doubled. Ooh, a reuben!

I think you just wrote the perfect April Fools episode...

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Blackfang108 wrote:
 Jeysie wrote:

Equity: Alright, mate. Well...y'knew we were gonna come t'this - Guise.Heartbreaker: Guise? GUISE? What the hell, man? He was impossible to kill before. Now that he's found Excalibur, become the newest pilot of Voltron, acquired the One Ring, collected the Deathly Hallows, learned the ways of Force, married the Nexus of All Realities, and converted the Holy Grail into a Pimp's Cup, it'd be like trying to fight God! And that would be if he didn't take me over halfway through this sentence and magically turn me into a sandwich.*Heartbreaker turns into a sandwich*Equity: Well. Looks like my client list just doubled. Ooh, a reuben!

lets not forget that guise has all the infinity stones, has the philosophers stone, and has collected riptide.

Lord Flash Fire

X-metal wrote:

Blackfang108 wrote:
 Jeysie wrote:

lets not forget that guise has all the infinity stones, has the philosophers stone, and has collected riptide.

May I add all 39 clues, the infinity ring, his father’s lightsaber, the master ball, Sherlock Holmes’ pipe and cap, and a half- decent Setback promo? (No, that was not a typo.)

-Someone special, 2012

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Thors hammer, zeus's lightning bolt, iron mans armor, and a girl friend.

only squirrel girl can stop him now.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Or his evil cloned half-brother who recently woke up from a coma in deep space.

Who then turns out to actually be his amnesiatic father.

From space.

Pages