Happy New Year!!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
jagarciao
jagarciao's picture
Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

This is the year of Vengeance!!

Definitely one of the things I am looking forward to the most in 2014. 

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

This is the year of many exciting things. I have grand hopes for 2014.

Vengeance, Galactic Strike Force, at least playtesting Sentinel Tactics. GtG is looking good.

On a personal note, I have decided that this is my year to at least begin the process of getting one of my designs into print. There are four prototypes on my desk. Wait, five. Five prototypes on my desk right now, and one of them will find its way into a publisher's hands before the end of 2014. One already has, but I don't have high hopes for that.

Cheers for what we will make the best year of our lives.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

You and me both, Imprim.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Here's to another happy year with you wonderful people here on the forums. I look forward to another one.

My goals for 2014:

-Finish the Spring Semester by gaining a lot of muscle

-Cut soft drinks out of my diet

-Hand-make a Booker DeWitt costume

-Complete a photoshoot of me in a Tachyon costume

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Happy New Year everyone!

Ooh goals? I have goals!

-Teach all my housemates Sentinels (I moved into a boarding house at the end of last year. Already taught 4 and they loved it!)

- Cut preservatives out of my diet (a necessity, I appear to have inherited my mother's intolerance to sulphites)

- Start and complete my planned cosplay before PAX Aus, so I can be a Sidekick there as a female Greatest Legacy

- Help my Minions who have planned to cosplay as well get their costumes done.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I am super excited about PAX Aus cosplaying!

I am also super envious of your contient's weather right now. The majority of my continent is currently an extremely unpleasant place.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

The warm weather comes with a side of On Fire, so it tends to work out. But stay safe and warm over there!

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Should be in the 70s here (Los Angeles) today :). Just sayin'...

but... we will probably be having our worst drought year in a while this year, so nice weather comes with a price. 

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

jagarciao wrote:
nice weather comes with a price.

Two prices, if you count annoying tourists, amirite?

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

It's raining here. Which is about usual. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It is awesomely cold here.

If you are quick you can blow a bubble and it will freeze in the air, if you aren't quick you get to blow on ice.

Frozen Bubbles are awesome.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

phantaskippy wrote:

It is awesomely cold here.If you are quick you can blow a bubble and it will freeze in the air, if you aren't quick you get to blow on ice.Frozen Bubbles are awesome.

I totally did this yesterday. My dog was intrigued. She didn't understand why there was a ball she couldn't play with.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

My dog had laser treatment on her arthritis today. I'm waiting for signs of her developing superpowers...

Damn it, Ronway!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Oh and I forgot to mention--I really do want to thank GTG for indirectly helping motivate me to get into shape in order to look better in my Tachyon costume. I was more or less able to still be a skinny boy in my Spite costume, since you can't see a whole lot of muscle on his normal side, but ever since I decided to dress up as Tachyon, I've been hitting the gym five days a week this past semester, and haven't stopped. When MTAC rolls around in April, I'm determined to pass for "Matthew" Stinson, who I imagine has some pretty nice legs.

Do you like cows?

Then you should check out my calves!

AAAYYYOOO

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

evandan55 wrote:
"Matthew" Stinson

You do know that Meredith is both a male and female name, yes?  It's mostly used as female these days, but so are "Blake" and "Taylor" and "Jordan" (basically women are stealing all of men's names this century, for various possible reasons I'd probably better not speculate on).  Have you never heard of Meredith Wilson?  Actually according to Wikipedia, it literally translates as "lord" in Welsh, so it was firmly masculine up until people stopped caring about etymology (probably about the time radio was invented, starting society on its current path to constant overstimulation and the resulting trend toward impatience; if Wikipedia had somehow existed in the 18th century, absent any other trappings of the digital age, there'd be a lot fewer "citation neededs", because people back then had less to do with their time and thus would be more likely to Do the Research before opening their virtual yaps).  Also there's the whole fact that Tachyon's characterization is overwhelmingly based on Neil Patrick Harris.  Her Spear Counterpart could easily be the very same person in a different universe, having gotten a Y chromosome but turned out almost exactly the same otherwise.

I'm curious whether you're going to wear a blonde ponytail wig, though.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Names, like language, evolve. New ones are constantly being made up, old ones rediscovered or modified, being created from pet names or whatever.

As a family historian, I'd certainly have been grateful if my ancestors had been a touch more imaginative with their naming rather than churning out Johns and Williams and Elizabeths and Marys. Try finding records of "your" John Roberts born in Shropshire in about 1850, and his father with the same name... I was so grateful when I found a Sylvanus Dunn!

And speaking of ancestors, I'm fairly sure mine didn't have "more spare time". They worked long shifts in very physical jobs like mining, agricultural labouring, cotton spinning/weaving, tool grinding/cutlery, and they had a lot of children to take care of on very little money, like a good number of people at the time. 

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I think you are both right.

We work less than in pre-industrial days, but we have more stress and are "busier" because of the sheer amount of stuff we try to do each day.