Guardians of the galaxy trailer

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture
Guardians of the galaxy trailer

Hey first topic here.

With Wrath of the Cosmos being a topic right now, I was wondering if anyone has seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer.

It looks really good and the comic series it's based is great.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm
Spiff's Tactics site: www.spiffworld.com/tactics

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

It looks very different from Avengers which makes me happy. I love Avengers, but I really don't want to watch "Avengers, but this time in space." It looks like Starlord is filling the same role that Tony Stark did, but at the same time isn't a Tony Stark rip off. Overall, I like the look of this movie and hope that it does really well.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm tentatively looking forward to it. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it has potential...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

IMO, trailers mean nothing, and it's safer to assume it's going to suck until we get evidence that it doesn't.  They seem to be going for a more of a comedy angle than a typical superhero movie, which could be good or could be stupid.  Too early to tell.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm
Spiff's Tactics site: www.spiffworld.com/tactics

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I'm so scared of it stinking, to be honest. It's a difficult title to translate to the screen, in my opinion, even if it is great.

While the setting is great for film - making a walking tree and a gun-racoon cool on screen just strikes me as harder than making the Avengers work. Treebeard not withstanding.

I want it to be great. Not Ant Man great, but still great.

How about a Runaways tv miniseries?

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Marvel has had a great track record with its movies this last decade. At their worst, they tend to be adequate which is still pretty damn good. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for this movie.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I'll see a superhero movie even knowing that it's going to probably disappoint me. Happily, Marvel hasn't had a terrible one since the Avenger set up movies (Iron Man on). The Green Hornet and Lantern movies, OTOH, I really wanted to be better.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I thought the Green Hornet movie was good for what it was, and I enjoyed watching it. I haven't bought the DVD and don't have a strong urge to rewatch it, but I still liked it. There is no excuse for Green Lantern. That movie was just nonsense.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Spiff thanks for posting the link, I'm on a smartphone or I would have.

The first movie poster is online too, and the tag line is pretty funny. Not to mention the art is good

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I probably would have like the Green Hornet fine if I went into it without expectation, but I wanted the movie to be markedly better than the Kevin Smith treatment of the same material. I generally like Seth Rogen’s work, but felt the Hornet deserved a drier sense of humor.

Did you read the two books of Dynamite's adaptation of the Kevin Smith script? It's worth a read if you can find it.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I have not read those comics. Some day I might try to see if I can bum them off Reckless, who'll either have them, be borrowing them, or will know exactly where to buy them.

Edit: I had little to no expectations going into the Green Hornet movie, which is probably why I ended up enjoying it more than you.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Amnachaidh wrote:

I would watch the heck out of that. Team Old Lace!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

I felt that The Green Hornet should have been closer to the source material, and not a comedy.

I don't have a lot of expectation out of the next FF movie, either.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Nielzabub - I invariably enjoy movies more if I go in without hopes for the movie, but I couldn't avoid expectations for Green Hornet. The television version kinda established Bruce Lee, ya know? As a counter-example, I enjoyed Knight's Tale, for example, because I was prepared to be mortified.

Two of us for Runaways, then.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Haven't read much Runaways, but what I've heard of it sounds awesome. Generally, I think that a miniseries has more potential for interesting plot and characters than a Hollywood blockbuster.

Amnachaidh- I completely understand. Sometimes you just can't avoid it.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

imprimis5 wrote:

Amnachaidh wrote:

I would watch the heck out of that. Team Old Lace!

Heck yeah!  I'm totally on board to watch Princess Powerful be awesome all day!

I'm hoping the flick turns out well.  I've been loving Bendis's run on the current Guardians comic series.  And Face gets to be best bros with The Iron Giant!  That's gotta be worth something, right?

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.