GenCon 2019

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
GenCon 2019

I noticed from the GenCon exhibitor's map that GtG will actually have two booths -- a larger one (50x30, booth 1241) and a smaller one right nearby (20x20, booth 1437). They will also have their side room (room 140). I'm curious how the two different booths will be used. I wonder if this is the result of the purchase of Cheapass Games. Maybe Cheapass Games already had paid for their own booth.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I have once again failed to get into a Sleepy Hollow demo, but am pleased to have gotten into a Prime War game.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rust

So my group has 4 tickets to the Thursday at 10AM Prime War demo but we are not going to be able to attend. I’m planning to return them that Wednesday so someone else can get those spots but if one of you guys want the tickets instead just message me and I can just give you the ones I have. 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Message sent. :-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Until we have an H emoticon:

Rust

Rust wrote:
So my group has 4 tickets to the Thursday at 10AM Prime War demo but we are not going to be able to attend. I’m planning to return them that Wednesday so someone else can get those spots but if one of you guys want the tickets instead just message me and I can just give you the ones I have. 

Found a good home for these.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hey, ya'll! Who's planning to be at GenCon?

I'm looking forward to a Preim War vs Env demo at noon on Saturday, letters Page Live, State of GtG, and various other GtG panels/events.

I'm still not sure about the SC LARP. Would like to do it but I already have a ticket for a different game at that time, and the online system doesn't seem to have a way to sell back my already-received-via-mail paper ticket and buy something else. Perhaps I will make the exchange at GenCon itself.

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

I'll be there. Last year as an exception due to the baby, Gen Con is an annual get-together for some of my college friends, so I'm often doing stuff with them, but I plan on going to the Letters Page, State of GTG Panel, and the RPG Live session and I tend to try demos of things at the booth/in the side room at various points after making my full pass of the dealer hall (assuming that there's not a thing to rush for). I also didn't get into any official Prime War or RPG events, but I may try to Generic my way in if I have a time slot free.

Edit - and I usually try to check out the costume contest, although I don't cosplay personally.

Blackfang108
Playtester

You guys have fun.  I almost lucked into working for the gaming library this year, but had to say no because I'll be near Madison that Friday-Saturday.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

This is the first year in almost a decade where I *won't* be at GenCon.

My employer is sending me to a professional development conference in Phoenix over the same weekend as GenCon.  Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth--"Ship me across the country to stay in a 5-star hotel and learn more about prospect research best practices?  Twist my arm, why don't you?"--I'll give GenCon the miss this year.

You guys have fun, and be sure to share any news with us!