Few questions about issue 1 (from the starter set) **Possible Spoilers**

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kheotour

**Possible Spoilers** do not read if you are a player and have not played issue one of the starter set...

Hey all.  

I am going to be running a game this weekend using the starter set and I have come across a few things that are confusing me.  I may just be missing them in the rules, so I figured I would post here and ask.

1..  On page 5 of issue 1 (lower left) it states that the players using their heroic principles can then use their Max die when performing Overcome actions.  I could not find this in the main rule book.  Is this a standard rule?

2.. The box that has twist examples.  In some of the examples it mentions the Min die.  How do you know what the die pool is to get the Min die?   I don’t see an environment listing like the example in the main rule book.  One of the examples is spider bots knocking over a power line and it hinders the heroes with the Min die.  Another one is a wall falls over on the heroes doing the Min die damage.    

I have never ran this system before and I am finding some of the rules confusing.  I am sure I am just over thinking things.  Is the Min die, in the examples above, a result of the players rolls?  So, the player roles and takes a twist and uses the Min die from their roll?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jimeni
Playtester

1. I don't recall if it's specifically mentioned in the starter kit ruleset, but if you look at the various pregenerated character sheets, they all have principles that, when used, you take the Max die. It's not exactly a rule, it's more of a character ability. But all character's have a form of it.

2. Yeah, it means use the Min die of the player's roll. You get twists from a player's overcome check where they will succeed with a minor (or major) twist. So whatever they rolled for that overcome check, in the examples you mentioned, use the Min die that was just rolled. So it's probably a good idea to let your players know that whenever they roll their dice pool, they shouldn't pick up the dice too quickly because you may need another result from it.

Good luck and have fun!

Kheotour

Awesome!  Thank you for the reply!