Episode 76 of the Letters Page Cosmic Tales

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 76 of the Letters Page Cosmic Tales

No one can hear out in space so a rather quick one.......

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-76-cosmic-tales

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Edited by: Rabit on Jul 17 2018 - 10:26am
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Didn't find anything like, super-amazing or hilarious or memorable, but this was still worth listening to. Though honestly, I really did like hearing about golden age Captain Cosmic. I guess it's just hard to top Daybreak right now.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Damn. Nerdy cult of gloom member beat me to my cult of gloom question. And I sent it perfectly in character as gloomweaver too. frown

"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

Powerhound_2000

They were wrong about Gloomy in space.  Cosmic Contest brought him to space. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Is this episode not showing up in Google Play for anyone else?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture

Cosmic Contest wasn't really a story about "In Space" though.  He was in an arena that happened to not be on Earth, and then he wasn't anymore.

Golden Age Captain Cosmic was easily my favorite part of this story, I was hoping we'd learn more about him at some point.

We also learned the name of the singular entity of Passion ("The Fervor") and that there are several more singular entities out there.

And perhaps most importantly, we learned about a bunch of spoileriffic stuff that they'll answer in the Scion episode, if we ask.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

MindWanderer wrote:

Cosmic Contest wasn't really a story about "In Space" though.  He was in an arena that happened to not be on Earth, and then he wasn't anymore.

Still in space though.   The qualifier had nothing to do with whether he attempted or did anything in space but just that he was never in space. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture

That's not what they said, though.  They said there were no stories about "Gloomweaver IN SPAAAACE," which is true.  At no time did they say he was never in space, just that there weren't any stories about that.

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

It was a story in space though

X-metal
X-metal's picture

I atill think there are probably cult of gloom members off planet since the Realm of Discord can't possibly be limited to only earth. 

"The thing Lizalfos and deku scrubs have in common is that they're both very flammable." -Epicstorm (Zelda universe forums)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture

Gloomweaver himself is Earth-centric, though, since he's from Earth originally.  It probably never occurred to him to proselytize on other planets.  Maybe there are other entities in the Realm of Discord that came from other planets, and they just never interact with each other.  We don't know a lot about the geography of the Realm of Discord and how it connects to the material plane.

Submit your games here!

X-metal
X-metal's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

Gloomweaver himself is Earth-centric, though, since he's from Earth originally.  It probably never occurred to him to proselytize on other planets.  Maybe there are other entities in the Realm of Discord that came from other planets, and they just never interact with each other.  We don't know a lot about the geography of the Realm of Discord and how it connects to the material plane.

There is no geography in the realm of discord. It's the realm of discord.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I really enjoyed the "Welcome Home" story; Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything" is probably one of his best superhero works, and both the Justice League version and the related JL episode, "Legends", are classics.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Trajector wrote:

Is this episode not showing up in Google Play for anyone else?

You are not the only one Trajector. I had to go to the actual web page to get it. Still not in the Google Play store for me.
~Komori

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I KNEW IT
I've been speculating that the Void parasites became Voidsoul, and they just indirectly confirmed it!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Multiguy
Playtester

Why episode 77 already in Google play but still missing episode 76?