Crack the Case #2

135 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Did Wayne's wife know that the murderer was going to kill Wayne?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Did Wayne's wife know that the murderer was going to kill Wayne?

No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Did Wayne and the murderer live close enough to eachother that they could meet easily?

Was Wayne murdered in the city (or surrounding city) that he lived in?

Did the murderer know that Wayne was married?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Did Wayne and the murderer live close enough to eachother that they could meet easily?Was Wayne murdered in the city (or surrounding city) that he lived in?Did the murderer know that Wayne was married?

I don't know (this means the story didn't say). No. Yes.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Was he out on a vaction when he was murdered?

Vacation out of the Country?

If so, was it with his wife?

Did the murderer just show up if he was on vacation with his wife?

Did he go with the murderer instead of his wife?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Was he out on a vaction when he was murdered?Vacation out of the Country?If so, was it with his wife?Did the murderer just show up if he was on vacation with his wife?Did he go with the murderer instead of his wife?

Yes and no. Yes and no. No. No. Yes.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

He was murdered outside of the Country?

Would it be cheating if a looked up reasons to wear a raincoat by a river?

 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

He was murdered outside of the Country?Would it be cheating if a looked up reasons to wear a raincoat by a river? 

Ok, I have to declare a bit of my own lack-of-knowledge here, even though it may give away some clues. The story doesn't say his country of origin, but it does say where he was murdered. So, I don't know if he went out of the country. Now, of course, the next few questions will be: was he murdered in US, in XXXX, in YYYY. However, I really don't know. WE are dealing where very fine points about where the border is, and I just won;t know the answer. So, I will give this away: It is on the border of two countries.

I don't think so.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

I know you said that Wayne and the murderer aren't old friends, but are they friends?

 

If they aren't friends, are they just casual acquaintances?


Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Nielzabub wrote:

I know you said that Wayne and the murderer aren't old friends, but are they friends? If they aren't friends, are they just casual acquaintances?

Yes. No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Alright, I found 2 things.

Were they standing in the river fishing?

Were they at a waterfall?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Alright, I found 2 things.Were they standing in the river fishing?Were they at a waterfall?

No. Yes.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Did the murderer push Wayne into the river?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Did the murderer push Wayne into the river?

No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Did the murder tell him to jump into the river?

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

Is the murderer related to Wayne?

 

Is the waterfall Niagra Falls?


Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Did the murder tell him to jump into the river?

Define what you mean by "tell him to jump in the river."


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Nielzabub wrote:

Is the murderer related to Wayne? Is the waterfall Niagra Falls?

No. Yes.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Pydro wrote:

 

Ronway wrote:
Did the murder tell him to jump into the river?

 

Define what you mean by "tell him to jump in the river."

Ohhh!!! I think I may of picked up that whenever you say define, it means it is close.

My original meaning was she litrally said "Jump into the river".

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

 

Pydro wrote:
 Ronway wrote:
Did the murder tell him to jump into the river? 

 

Define what you mean by "tell him to jump in the river."

Ohhh!!! I think I may of picked up that whenever you say define, it means it is close.My original meaning was she litrally said "Jump into the river".

Dang it, I think you are on to me. It is so hard answering with only those reposnses, and sometimes the questions can mean so many different things, that you need the person to narrow down what the exact question is. Anyways, to asnwer your question: No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

Did the murderer force Wayne into the river by gunpoint?


Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

Excellent. So between defining him getting killed by his on stupidity and her telling him to jump off, I think she told him to step somewhere that he foolishly listened to, which caused him to fall to his death.

Something I have done (not to the point to cause death...) with a camara before, causing people to trip over things. Since they are at a waterfall, it certainly makes since her to try to get a picture in.

So was she taking a picture of him and asked him to step back where he ended up falling into the river below?

 

If that's correct, we now only need the why and how she was caught.

Did someone see her do it?

Did she actually take the picture when he was beginning to fall?

Did she want him to leave his wife to marry her instead, when he declined is when she decided to murder him?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Nielzabub wrote:

Did the murderer force Wayne into the river by gunpoint?

No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

Was the gender of the murderer ever confirmed?

 

Is the murderer male?


Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ronway wrote:

Excellent. So between defining him getting killed by his on stupidity and her telling him to jump off, I think she told him to step somewhere that he foolishly listened to, which caused him to fall to his death.Something I have done (not to the point to cause death...) with a camara before, causing people to trip over things. Since they are at a waterfall, it certainly makes since her to try to get a picture in.So was she taking a picture of him and asked him to step back where he ended up falling into the river below? 

Yes.

Ronway wrote:

If that's correct, we now only need the why and how she was caught.Did someone see her do it?

No.

Ronway wrote:

Did she actually take the picture when he was beginning to fall?

Yes.

Ronway wrote:

Did she want him to leave his wife to marry her instead, when he declined is when she decided to murder him?

Yes.

 

Wow! I think that is everything. Good job, everyone!


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Nielzabub wrote:

Was the gender of the murderer ever confirmed? Is the murderer male?

No. No.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: Feb 03, 2014

Can we get the completed text?

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: Feb 03, 2014

Also, I think technically he died of something other than drowning... even if the official thing says otherwise

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Humble-Knight wrote:

Can we get the completed text?

I don't have the card with me, but it went something like this:

Wayne told his wife he was going on a business trip, but was really meeting his girlfriend at Niagara Falls. It was at that time that Wayne told his girlfriend that he was not going to leave his wife and that their relationship with as coming to an end.

The girlfriend was angry and decided to kill Wayne. They went to a secluded place above the falls, and she told Wayne she was going to take his picture. As Wayne was posing, she kept telling him to back up, until he fell into the river. He then went down the falls and drowned (although I agree he might have died for other reasons).

The girlfriend made one mistake, she actually took the picture of Wayne falling. When she got the film developed (remember 1993), the developer saw it and called the police.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

So, what your saying is Garth was not at all involved?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

phantaskippy wrote:

So, what your saying is Garth was not at all involved?

I'm as shocked as you are.

dpt
dpt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 54 min ago
Playtester
Joined: Aug 06, 2013

So the raincoat was to protect Wayne from the spray from the fall.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 30 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Yes.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Donner
Donner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 42 sec ago
Playtester
Joined: Mar 30, 2013

But if he didn't fall, it would have done nothing. :D


"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Pages