Avengers, assemble!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Avengers, assemble!

I'm taking a break from the usual Saturday night SotM to go see The Avengers tonight. Who else has seen/is seeing it? My predictions for what will happen are as follows. There will be intra-team conflict, a greater evil will bring them down by taking advantage of their differences and non-unified behaviour, they will put their differences aside to (temporarily) defeat the greater evil. Plot predictions brought to you by every superhero team story ever.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Edited by: Craig on Aug 12 2012 - 12:43pm
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 20 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Having seen it yesterday and this thread not being marked [SPOILERS] I will just say I enjoyed it immensely, first film I've actually gone to the cinema to see in years, worth the price of admission.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Gnipp
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 28, 2011

Agreed.  I saw the midnight release and loved it.  Highly recommended by Gnipp.

The Conscience
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Aug 23, 2011

Gnipp wrote:
Agreed.  I saw the midnight release and loved it.  Highly recommended by Gnipp.

+1. I also saw the midnight release and it was awesome. Highly recommended by the Conscience.


The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

foxtrot2620
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Matchstickman wrote:
Having seen it yesterday and this thread not being marked [SPOILERS] I will just say I enjoyed it immensely, first film I've actually gone to the cinema to see in years, worth the price of admission.

Saw it yesterday. It was worth more than the price of admission (DISCLAIMER: Movies are $4 in my town.  :) )

Gnipp
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 28, 2011

$4!?!?!?!?!

I saw it in 3D Imax by me and shelled out $16.  And you know what?  It was well worth it!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

foxtrot2620 wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
Having seen it yesterday and this thread not being marked [SPOILERS] I will just say I enjoyed it immensely, first film I've actually gone to the cinema to see in years, worth the price of admission.

Saw it yesterday. It was worth more than the price of admission (DISCLAIMER: Movies are $4 in my town.  :) )

$4?! Where?


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

It's sure not Indianapolis. $10 for non-3D. Le sigh.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

It's going to cost me six to go see it later this week. It'll be so awesome that I can't wait.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 20 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

I paid 12 good English pounds to see it, in 3D IMAX no less!

You Americans and your cheap movies!


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

You Brits and your refusal to use the Euro. :-P I kid, of course.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

imprimis5 wrote:
It's sure not Indianapolis. $10 for non-3D. Le sigh.

You're in Indy, eh? Want to join us at Comic Carnival to play SotM? Next one is May 13 at 1pm


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 27 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Actually, in Indy we have it available for $5, although due to timing we're not going to be able to hit that theater...  :-\


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

foxtrot2620
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

arenson9 wrote:

foxtrot2620 wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
Having seen it yesterday and this thread not being marked [SPOILERS] I will just say I enjoyed it immensely, first film I've actually gone to the cinema to see in years, worth the price of admission.

Saw it yesterday. It was worth more than the price of admission (DISCLAIMER: Movies are $4 in my town.  :) )

$4?! Where?

College Station, TX. I love being able to see all of the new movies when they come out.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

foxtrot2620 wrote:
College Station, TX. I love being able to see all of the new movies when they come out.

College Station, eh? Are you going to A&M? I went to Rice. My nephew is at Rice now. I've got a couple of friends who help organize Owlcon. Want to drive down to Houston next February and run SotM there?

http://www.owlcon.com/


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

foxtrot2620
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

arenson9 wrote:

foxtrot2620 wrote:
College Station, TX. I love being able to see all of the new movies when they come out.

College Station, eh? Are you going to A&M? I went to Rice. My nephew is at Rice now. I've got a couple of friends who help organize Owlcon. Want to drive down to Houston next February and run SotM there?

http://www.owlcon.com/

Yup. Owlcon sounds cool. I'll actually be living in Houston next year (wife got a job there) and commuting to school at A&M so running SotM there would not be a problem.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

I'll likely be in Houston in October to go to my 20th reunion. Perhaps we can get a game of Sentinels going then. I call Unity!


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel