Ask Another Forumite!

908 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't forget to ask a question, Lord Flash Fire! ☺

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Rabit wrote:

Don't forget to ask a question, Lord Flash Fire! ☺

I can't wait to hear his burning question!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Active questions

• @Foote -- Which of your theories was the most satisfying to get right? And, which one were you most disappointed in getting wrong?
  • @Animus -- What is the reason for your user name "Animus"? 
  • {Question from @Lord Flash Fire TBD}

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

@Animus -- What is the reason for your user name "Animus"? 

Back in my college days, I ran a D&D game where I named the BBEG Animus. It seemed as good and unique of a screen name as any, so I went with it on various forums. 

Let's see...

@Bowie Which hero or villain best fits your personality and why?

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Animus asked me: @Bowie Which hero or villain best fits your personality and why?

Hmmmmm. I see myself in a few, but overall, I'd say a feel a special kinship for Parse. As I have Asperger's Syndrome, and she does, I absolutely understand her analytical and socially awkward nature. A nature I've spent my entire life trying to overcome, to pretty good effect that most people are surprised when I tell them I'm autistic. Lot of practice-- and most of that's in the Army, where I was a Medic, so I feel a connection there too to both Bunker and Dr. Medico for reasons, buuuut overall, I'm a mega-geeky research-and-analysis-loving fat dude with autism, so I'm going to go with Parse. While the other guys I could see a kinship to were cool to see, I remember reading the bio for Parse and going "HOLY CARP". It was really nice to see that representation, and so clearly, I feel a good link there!

Thanks for the question.

•@Foote -- Which of your theories was the most satisfying to get right? And, which one were you most disappointed in getting wrong?
•@Donner -- What's the worst party you've ever been to, Donner?
•{Question from @Lord Flash Fire TBD}

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Bowie wrote:

•@Donner -- What's the worst party you've ever been to, Donner?

Well, there was that one road trip I went on near Oregon and California.  Whew.  We don't talk about that one.

In truth, I don't often go to parties.  If I can find a game to play at them, or a good movie to watch, then I'm great.  Otherwise, they're all mostly the same.  We don't drink at the parties I usually go to and people just talk about whatever.  So either all or none of them.

@bobbertoriley Who is your least favorite Sentinels hero and why?  And if you say Setback, I'll cry. :_(

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture
Playtester

Donner wrote:

@bobbertoriley Who is your least favorite Sentinels hero and why?  And if you say Setback, I'll cry. :_(

Hahaha, no. I love Setback. I don't play him as much as I do other heroes, but he's either in my top 5 or is honorable mention (depending on how lucky he is that day :) ).

So, looking through the pre-OblivAeon hero roster, there's only three that I don't particularly like to play. So, I'll go from more likely to play them to least likely to play.

• Ra - There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Ra's deck as it is, but I just find playing him boring. My games with Ra usually end up with something along the lines of "How much fire do I need to respond to <X>?", and escalating from there. K.N.Y.F.E. and Haka are both examples to me of heroes that take a similar gimmick but make it more interesting by either adding consequence to your actions or making some of their cards more situational.
  • Visionary - This one mostly comes from a lack of playing her than anything else, but the strategy of playing her has yet to click with me. Her Ongoings are powerful and diverse and give her a lot of options, and her one-shots provide some good situational actions. However, I personally struggle to find when the right balance between when to set her up and when to use her one-shots. Also, I'd rather just play NightMist if I'm going to go down that route.
  • Expatriette - I want to love Expat, but her deck just doesn't work for me. Her power set has her over-relying on her guns (which makes sense thematically, but makes her very weak to equipment destruction), and her Ammo plays off as very weak, gimmicky one-shots. I've also found her prone to very bad draws. Support characters can make her much more playable, but if a support can make her okay, they could make a much better equipment-slinger (Wraith, Chrono Ranger) amazing in comparison. Expatriette is usually the only hero that I will re-roll when she comes up in random.

There's also a few heroes that I simply haven't played enough times to really say much about (The Sentinels, Sky-Scraper), but I hope to change that at some point.

(Man, them potentially some fighting words to fans of certain heroes around here. Disagree? Would love to hear your counter via PM or on the Sentinels boards)

Active Questions:

•@Foote -- Which of your theories was the most satisfying to get right? And, which one were you most disappointed in getting wrong?
•{Question from @Lord Flash Fire TBD}
•@phantaskippy What absurd thing would you be willing to do for a Klondike Bar?

Pages