Are Pre-Orders on the way?

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
waedens
Playtester
Are Pre-Orders on the way?

I read that the starter kit has been released and shipments are on the way to game stores. Does that mean it is in the mail for those of us who pre-ordered direct as well?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That would be a yes according to a reply on twitter from Christopher https://twitter.com/gtgchristopher/status/932996173241208834

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

waedens
Playtester

Woo-Hoo! Just in time for Hanukkah.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Yes finally, I've been checking my mail since I saw the announcement at the beginning of the month. Super excited for this

twoeyedjack
twoeyedjack's picture

*checks mail box*

Nope.

*waits another ten minutes*

*checks mail box*

Nope.

Man, why haven't we perfected teleportation mail services yet?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I admit I'm curious about website preorders.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Powerhound_2000

I ordered through the website and got notice from Fedex it was on its way.  It’s list the shipment information was sent on 11/16 and it was picked up from GtG 11/22.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Guess I'm in one of the later batches, then. Oh wellz.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Mine is still on pre-order on the store. Hopefully I'll get some news!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Tried to track it via FedEx, but FedEx seems to hate my tracking.

The email I got said it should arrive by the 29th though, so that's something.

twoeyedjack
twoeyedjack's picture

Got nothing on radar via FedEx. :(

I hope the online preorders didn't fall into any mysterious time lock cracks.

EDIT: So while I can see my preorder here under my forum account, the new store has no account associated with my email. Which makes me a little worried about what happened to any orders under the old store.

I sent a message to support on the new store. Here's hoping I'll hear from them soon.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@twoeyedjack: Hrm, yeah, I noticed the same thing; I tried logging into the store under my forum e-mail and came up empty with my existing forum account and preorder unattached.

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

Yeah, I’m in the same boat re: the new store not having a record of my email address although my normal GTG website account still shows my preorder. Keep us posted on what response you get, twoeyedjack.

TheOneWaaagh
Playtester

I'm also in the same boat. Hopefully they will merge existing accounts into the new web store, or at least accounts that have existing preorders. It has been very tempting to purchase the PDF files while waiting on the physical copy.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@TheOneWaaagh I was tempted as well, but then figured one, I don't really want two redundant accounts, and two, people have been having problems with the downloads too anyway.

So yeah, keep us posted, twoeyedjack.

twoeyedjack
twoeyedjack's picture

Haven't heard back yet. I expect they were all out for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope to hear something from them this week.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

All of the webstore preorders from the old web store are saved and will be sent out as stuff arrives, so no worries there!

Looking in the warehouse, it appears that the preorders for the starter kit are packed up; I know that some went out last Wednesday, and the rest should go out today.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

Cool. Thanks for the update, Paul.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Okies, I shall be a patient Citizen/Sidekick/Cultist/Uh what are we calling ourselves now?

Blackfang108
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

Okies, I shall be a patient Citizen/Sidekick/Cultist/Uh what are we calling ourselves now?

At this juncture?

Heroes-in-training.

Once we've got the RPG, we become Heroes (or villians, depending on our goals and methods).

TheOneWaaagh
Playtester

@Paul
It was mentioned that customers who have preordered the starter kit through the old webstore will receive PDF versions. Do you know how those will be delivered? Through a code in the physical package or via a link/email? If the latter, do you have an ETA on when those will be sent out? I'm trying to resist buying the PDF versions while waiting for the physical copy. So far, I've successfully made my "will save" to resist the impulse buy. Thanks in advance.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I got my tracking e-mail, yay! ^^

@Blackfang108: I like the way you think.

Powerhound_2000

So I received my Starter kit.  However, so far on my initial review I don’t see anything about the PDFs.  Where do I find the links to the PDFs?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I am working out an efficient way to get these to pre-order-ers right now!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000

Ahh ok.  I figured something in the package would lead me to where I could download it. 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Just for a key of reference for anybody wondering about the status of their orders compared to somebody buying(not pre-ordering) it when it's avaliable I will say I bought the starter kit just a few days ago, and I got word just this morning saying that it had shipped.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I pre-ordered months ago when my friend returned from GenCOn. I still got no update or news on the status of my package. I did sign up with FedEx for notifications, but I can't follow through without a tracking number. 

I also contacted GtG at and directly on the support part of their site. I have not heard back from them. I'm still waiting. Hopefully I'll hear something soon, it'd be pretty annoying if I don't get anything, even updates, soon.   I'm just wondering if my email got lost in spam, or they've been bombarded with so much mail that it’s lost ion the fray, or there are issues with their site. I am trying every method possible to get their attention.  

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

All of the preorders for a given country will go out before any subsequent orders. That is 100% done for the US already, and we are working on it for other countries; in any case, it should definitely all be done this week :)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I can has Sentinels RPG PDFs, huzzah! I know what I'm doing tomorrow! :D

Powerhound_2000

Thanks for sending out an email with a link to the PDFs Paul

twoeyedjack
twoeyedjack's picture

Wahoo! Early digital prep for when the physical product gets here this weekend! Thanks, everybody at GTG!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I'm glad you all got them!

Future purchases are easier to handle with the new web store, but emailing was the easiest way for old preorders :)

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Paul wrote:

I'm glad you all got them!Future purchases are easier to handle with the new web store, but emailing was the easiest way for old preorders :)

Could I get the PDFs emailed to me as well? I did pre-order them. :)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@UXM266

You definitely should have gotten that email already! Did you check your spam folder?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Paul wrote:

@UXM266You definitely should have gotten that email already! Did you check your spam folder?

I did on a daily basis. 

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Send me your email address privately to make sure I have it right, and I'll send it directly to you!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Paul wrote:

Send me your email address privately to make sure I have it right, and I'll send it directly to you!

Sent! Thank you!!!

Jimeni
Playtester

Paul wrote:

I'm glad you all got them!Future purchases are easier to handle with the new web store, but emailing was the easiest way for old preorders :)

Hello, Paul. I pre-ordered the RPG starter kit, but from another online retailer (GameNerdz.com). Will I still be able to get a PDF, and, if so, how? I haven't yet received my starter kit yet, so if the answer is there with my pending delivery, I apologize in advance. Thanks!
UXM266
UXM266's picture

Thank you Paul, i recieved them!

lesherman

Just checking, but if I pre-ordered on the GtG webstore at the beginning of Setptember, should I have gotten some information about getting my copy shipped yet?  Or are those still waiting to be shipped?  I got the PDFs (which look awesome) but haven't heard a peep about the physical shipment.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

lesherman wrote:

Just checking, but if I pre-ordered on the GtG webstore at the beginning of Setptember, should I have gotten some information about getting my copy shipped yet?  Or are those still waiting to be shipped?  I got the PDFs (which look awesome) but haven't heard a peep about the physical shipment.

Paul mentioned that they have been shipped, I live in Canada, and I was told that they will be shipped out by the end of this week. I got no confirmation of that in any of the stores, or email, but Paul said it would happen .

lesherman

I am in the US, heck I am even in the 1 to 2 day shipping window and I haven't heard anything.  I was surprised when I saw the PDFs, I just assumed that they were sent out ahead of the physical items.  So obviously there is some amount of miscommunication, or something slipping through the cracks here.  I do love the GtG guys, but things like this do make me a bit disappointed from a supply-chain angle.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@lesherman

Can you send me an email (paul@greaterthangames.com) with your order number? Your starter kit should definitely have gone out already, so I want to check to make sure it was on our list.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I recieved my order! But I got two copies of "Freedom Five #801"

I counted the other issues and I don't think I'm missing anything. But what issues should I have gotten?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@UXM266: You should have Freedom Five 801, 802, and 803, Prime Wardens 67, Tome of the Bizarre 86, and Justice Comics 740. (Plus the Gameplay Guide and the six F5+i character booklets of course.)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

I recieved my order! But I got two copies of "Freedom Five #801"I counted the other issues and I don't think I'm missing anything. But what issues should I have gotten?

You should have:

1 cover/quick guide

1 Gameplay guide

6 different character booklets(Freedom Five and Unity)

6 scenario booklets(Freedom 5 #801-803,Prime Wardens #67, Tome of the Bizzare #86, and Justice Comics #740)

1 bookmark

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:
I recieved my order! But I got two copies of "Freedom Five #801"I counted the other issues and I don't think I'm missing anything. But what issues should I have gotten?

You should have:1 cover/quick guide1 Gameplay guide6 different character booklets(Freedom Five and Unity)6 scenario booklets(Freedom 5 #801-803,Prime Wardens #67, Tome of the Bizzare #86, and Justice Comics #740)1 bookmark

I got everything, and a little extra!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Lucky you. ;)

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

So has anyone who preordered from the UK recived the copys yet? I ask because I am impatient and whilst the pdf's are nice I get the feeling it won't feel real till I have the trades in my hands. 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I ordered a copy from the online store and recieved it a few weeks ago, but my FLGS only just got the starter kit in. Something about the distributor not having it or something?

I did tell the store that I was interested in pre-ordering the kit through them several months ago, around the time it was suggested on the forums I believe.

Anywho, I now have two copies. I'll be gifting the second to a friend who I know likes Sentinels and loves to GM, so maybe I'll actually be able to play through the starter kit. :)

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

Ah that could explain it. It turned up on saturday and being the special kind of RPG nerd that I am read the books gathered random spods at my FLGS and ran a game. Turns out to my pleasure and expectation it is a good game.

Pages