Any word on the Kickstarter?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
silopolis
silopolis's picture
Any word on the Kickstarter?

Hey all, 

I'm waiting as patiently as I can for the RPG core book, but I'm feeling a little concerned about the fact that the Kickstarter hasn't happened yet... or even been announced, as far as I can tell. Is there any information around as to when we can expect the KS to happen?

I mean, we have all sorts of "Starter kit" stuff to do, but if my players love it and want to make their own characters, we're poop out of luck. I find that the RPG stuff I've backed in the past ship at least 6 months, if not a year, after their Kickstarter is done. So are we really looking at late 2019 before we can really use this system for our own games?

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

January 2019, from the most recent news, with the PDF available immediately after the drive ends.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Definitely January 2019! 

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

They've also said that the kickstarters delay won't change the release date.

degausser

In one of the podcasts recently (I think OblivAeon part 1, or the one before it?) they said the Kickstarter would be in January, and that the book would be available around end of Q1-mid Q2 2019.  (Dunno when those times are, financial quarters always confused me.). From what I understand they have most of the up-front costs (layout editor, etc.) taken care of on this one.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

There was more discussion at the State of GtG panel at GenCon. They explained that they wanted to be well past the OblivAeon kickstarter before starting this one.

Plus there are a bunch of other Kickstarters they are doing this Fall.

rickjonzz
rickjonzz's picture

IIRC, when they first said on the podcast that the kickstarter was going to be moved to January that the kickstarter being moved wasn't affecting the production schedule of the book. I took it to mean that around the time the kickstarter ended that the pdf would be ready. Presumably they will need the kickstarter to complete to know how many copies they need to print, and that number affects how long it'll take to go from pdf-ready to physical copies in our greedy little hands. 

I think they said that backers should get something as soon as the kickstarter ends, but I'd have to search through the podcast to find it. (Possibly the final pdf, possibly a pre-release pdf that's not quite ready. A lot of RPG kickstarters send out a pdf that doesn't have all the art, or the index isn't finished, of the pdf doesn't have all the fancy hyperlink bookmarks, etc.) 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'd say play it safe and don't get your hopes up until the campain actually happens and they put it down in writing. I've been part of a few different RPG book Kickstarters, and it's not always guaranteed that you'll get anything right after it ends.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We are definitely going to be doing the Kickstarter in January! We're ironing out the exact schedule right this very minute in fact (I'm posting this during a break in a meeting).

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

blackwingedheaven
blackwingedheaven's picture

It's January! Any word about what date the Kickstarter is dropping? =3

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

January 29th.  Announcements seem to keep coming most frequently through The Letters Page podcast.  

My kingdom for a cross-posting feature...

blackwingedheaven
blackwingedheaven's picture

WOOHOO! So hype!

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Did any of the earliest hype for the RPG Kickstarter before it got pushed back promise or threaten "backer content" levels on the project?

You know like your character name dropped in a chapter fiction or rules example?

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I haven't heard/seen anything like that, yet. We'll find out, soon! :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Until we have an H emoticon:

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Sentinels FB page posted a pic of the core rules cover :3 It has Female Legacy Absolute Zero and Aeon Girl flying around in front of comic panel drafts.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Anubis wrote:

Sentinels FB page posted a pic of the core rules cover :3 It has Female Legacy Absolute Zero and Aeon Girl flying around in front of comic panel drafts.

Can we get a link for those of us not Facebook inclined?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Cool, thank you very much.