Any idea on when the full book will come out?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Senf
Any idea on when the full book will come out?

Have they given any indication of about when they will be putting out the full book?
My group has played through the first two adventures and have had a lot of fun, but that means we are going to be done in a month and will be wanting more, ready to make our own characters. So hoping we don't have to wait all that long to get the book to do so.

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

Kickstarted by the end of the year. From an interview i saw, they have the rules all done. They just need to get them into a good layout for people, so this shouldn't devolve into a years long wait like OblivAeon.

I would imagine it will be a few months at the earliest though.

Edit: not sure why i said that, kickstarted early next year, sorry, my mind is elsewhere right now

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I believe the official word is Quarter 2 of 2018 for the Kickstarter.  And people who actually know things about Kickstarters for RPGs have said that sometimes a pdf version is available right after it funds, but I have no idea if GtG is planning on doing that or not.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I wouldn't be surprised if GtG planned to put the kickstarter over one of the major spring conventions, like PAX or Origins, with an anticipated fall release.

blackwingedheaven
blackwingedheaven's picture

rjc917 wrote:

I believe the official word is Quarter 2 of 2018 for the Kickstarter.  And people who actually know things about Kickstarters for RPGs have said that sometimes a pdf version is available right after it funds, but I have no idea if GtG is planning on doing that or not.

I'd heard Q1 of 2018, but not that different either way. I certainly hope they'll have a beta version of the full game available to backers as soon as the Kickstarter finishes, but it really varies from publisher to publisher.

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

In the State of GTG thread for December, someone asked for a hint as to when in Q1 of next year we might see the RPG Kickstarter and Paul's response was "The hint is:  Q2 2018"

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We are definitely on track for a Q2 KS for the RPG. Final development, writing, layout/design, etc is all coming along very well! Over the course of crafting the Starter Kit, we discovered and ironed out a lot of the kids of pitfalls that can happen with RPG development. We've also gotten a ton of awesome feedback since the Starter Kit was released, which we are considering and incorporating into the Core Rulebook.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

blackwingedheaven
blackwingedheaven's picture

Paul wrote:

We are definitely on track for a Q2 KS for the RPG. Final development, writing, layout/design, etc is all coming along very well! Over the course of crafting the Starter Kit, we discovered and ironed out a lot of the kids of pitfalls that can happen with RPG development. We've also gotten a ton of awesome feedback since the Starter Kit was released, which we are considering and incorporating into the Core Rulebook.

Awesome! Count me in the crowd of people who are really looking forward to it!

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if GtG planned to put the kickstarter over one of the major spring conventions, like PAX or Origins, with an anticipated fall release.

Sweet Salty Christ I hope it's Origins! I would Love to have them showing something new at a Con in driving range for me (^.^) I'm not that lucky but I'll be getting it anyway

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Ehkrickor wrote:

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

Sweet Salty Christ I hope it's Origins! I would Love to have them showing something new at a Con in driving range for me (^.^) I'm not that lucky but I'll be getting it anyway

You're near Origins?  My wife and I have gone every year since 2007. :D

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture

Yep! I didn't get to go last year, but year before that I was dressed as Obi-Wan pretty much the whole weekend.