Let's argue!

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

phantaskippy wrote:

I think Silverleaf did it because, at heart, she is an American.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

At heart, all Americans long to be ruled by an obsolete monarch, it's why they are so fascinated by our royal family.

So even if you are, at heart, an American, every American, is at deeper inside their heart, a Brit. Take heart at that comforting fact Silverleaf.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

I hate the monarchy.

But I suspect that anything I say at this point will be taken as "evidence" of my alleged American-ness.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

It's okay Silverleaf, denial is a perfectly acceptable reaction.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 40 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

And makes you more American.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

I feel a strange urge to own some guns. And pay for medical treatment. And throw a bunch of tea into a harbour.

And I think I just spelled "harbor" wrong.

Help. Me.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Just re-read your thread

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/two-countries-divided-by-a-common-language-5122

and then make a cuppa, while waving a Union Flag and complaining about the weather. Do this until you can get to your doctor and ask for a "stiff upper lip implant", that'll get you sorted out.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Waving a flag is too demonstrative an activity for a True Brit. I can't help but think that all this showing off to the world how patriotic you are is rather vulgar and uncouth. Love your country if you like, that's totally fine, but it's nothing to do with me and I don't need to see it, just like I don't need to hear you pray or know how often you crap or hear all of your weird-ass theories about how Papa Smurf has taken over the government.

I think the tea might be working a little...


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Papa Smurf is moving in on the UK as well?  Dang, he knows no end to evil.

Mezike
Mezike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Nov 18, 2012

Silverleaf wrote:

I hate the monarchy.

 

Sounds like a republican to me...

 

Silverleaf wrote:

Waving a flag is too demonstrative an activity for a True Brit.

 

Quite true. It's considered more appropriate to demonstrate patriotic verve by either sporting neck tattoos, hanging a gigantic freaking flag on the front of your house that obscures all the windows, eating limp sandwiches during embarrassing silences in a church hall, half heartedly sticking a ping pong ball with the St. George's cross onto your car aerial, not buying any songs by Morrissey, being ardent fans of our national sporting teams (but only when they look like winning and only until they inevitably get knocked out), deluding ourselves that the Commonwealth is still some sort of evidence of global power, demanding a bank holiday for St George's day but not actually bothering to celebrate it ever, or complaining on the Daily Mail forums about ungovernable hordes of Eastern European builders who are coming over here and having the nerve to work hard for a living, how radiant Liz Hurley/Kate Winslet/Kate Middleton/some other Kate looks, how being British/Foreign gives you cancer/is a cure for cancer, rising house prices, the inability to buy Marmite at Mediterranean beachside grocery stores, reminiscing on the good old days of empire, being horribly embarrassed about the good old days of empire, declining house prices, and sneering at the idea of Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish independence whilst demanding British independence from Europe.

 

Actually, I think I might consider taking up flag waving as a better option!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Flag waving rocks.  Sometimes I wave two flags just so everyone knows I'm more patriotic than that Yinzer Jagoff across the Street with his Marine Flag.  Of course if you are going to wave 2 flags you need a good beer hat.

AvalonXQ
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 months ago
Joined: Oct 06, 2012

Oh darn.  I was hoping for some heated political/religious arguments.

But I guess making fun of Americans and/or Brits works too.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 40 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

GtG doesn't have an RSP forum, and I like that.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

What we really need is a Booze of the Multiverse forum.

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Booze is for the idiotic masses that can't handle the real world. Now, pour me another one.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Nope, no booze for you. Booze is only for those wearing hats.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 40 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Everyone is wrong.....except for you.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: Feb 03, 2014

I'm right making you wrong, Pydro

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 40 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Why not left?


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Pydro wrote:

Everyone is wrong.....except for you.

Nope, you're wrong; I'm wrong.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 8 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Pydro wrote:

Why not left?

Because of screws.


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Silverleaf wrote:

 

Pydro wrote:
Everyone is wrong.....except for you.

 

Nope, you're wrong; I'm wrong.

This is true.

Because I am right.

Even called a Devestating Aurora on live Internet.  Greatest moment of my life.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: Feb 03, 2014

It was hilarious

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

It is even funny not being able to see the chat, 15 minute mark of the twitch replay video.  My 15 minute of fame mark.

Pages