Let's argue!

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012
Let's argue!

So, there haven't been any really good arguments recently, so I thought I would start one.

The sky has been blue for so long now, I think it's time for a change. Who's with me!


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 33 sec ago
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Joined: Sep 14, 2013

There is no color better then blue.  I say let's keep it the same. 


Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

 
Foote
Foote's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
PlaytesterHarmony
Joined: Apr 09, 2013

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Obviously it's working as intended. L2Sky noob

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Seriously, your not sick of the blue already? Come on, even pink would be better!


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 33 sec ago
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Joined: Sep 14, 2013

Pink?   I mean at least choose a color that there isn't a debate on it's exsistance. 


Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

 
Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Ok, orange. We can have a nice methane atmosphere.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Nope. Let's not argue. Arguing is stupid. And you're all stupid. And you have stupid faces.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Nice way to bolster some allies! Now that is a unqiue capability!  ..............playtester.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

I'll sit this one out. I get enough arguing from my 4-year-old. Oh, boy, do I get enough arguing from the Munchkin. (The Grasshopper, age 8-almost-9, has his days, but the Munchkin is worse on an everyday basis.)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Sorry, but you can't sit this one out. It's in the rules.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Blue? Blue is the best colour? Clearly RED is far superior

People whose lips are blue are either dead, cold or wearing the wrong colour lipstick. Whereas redlipped people are clearly alive and out doing awesome things. Also red usually represents fire, which keeps us warm and was possible the first invention ever.

Red is best. Even the sky agrees by turning red sometimes.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

The sky is not blue.  So I don't know what all this yammering is about to begin with.

Bunch of nerds.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

You're right, Skippy. We need to change the color of space itself.


Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Unsafe_Bet
Unsafe_Bet's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: Aug 13, 2014

White skies roar with battle cries, haters meet, lovers die.

(That is so much worse than my mishear of the lyrics, with "rolling" instead of "roar" and "angels" instead of "haters".)

But seriously, blue skies have my nemesis symbol (the sun).  I hide indoors until there's a solid curtain of white or gray overhead, at which point it officially becomes my definition of a beautiful day.  (Right up until it starts to rain.  My habitable zone is aggravatingly narrow.)

Mezike
Mezike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Nov 18, 2012

The sky is currently grey here. Not Blue, Not grAy, just grey. It makes me sad, and arguments also make me sad.

I'm hoping that matchstickman will post a picture of an animal dressed as a dinosaur robot to cheer me up.

 

Unsafe_Bet wrote:

blue skies have my nemesis symbol (the sun).

Katalyka much?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

No dinosaur robots here, just representations of Fluffy Bunny damage.

Attachments: 

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Mezike
Mezike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Nov 18, 2012

Matchstickman wrote:

No dinosaur robots here, just representations of Fluffy Bunny damage.

Aaaargh!

This needs to be a thing.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Matchstickman wrote:

No dinosaur robots here, just representations of Fluffy Bunny damage.

Ah... Great moments in Leporid History.


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Unsafe_Bet
Unsafe_Bet's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: Aug 13, 2014

Mezike wrote:
Not grAy, just grey.

I am an ignorant American non-plush monkey.  Please compare/contrast these different things which I thought were the same, using pictures of at least 580 megapixels.

Quote:
Katalyka much?

I have no idea what this means.  If it's a vampire, then sadly I have 10% of the weakness but 0% of the leet kewl powerz involved in that particular curse.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Katalyka, a very (in)famous KS. EDIT: Here is the BGG entry.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Mezike wrote:
Unsafe_Bet wrote:
blue skies have my nemesis symbol (the sun).

 

Katalyka much?

I may be one of the few that gets this. The poor dear needs help.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

I made that monkey.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Mezike
Mezike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Nov 18, 2012

Unsafe_Bet wrote:

 

Mezike wrote:
Not grAy, just grey.

 

I am an ignorant American non-plush monkey.  Please compare/contrast these different things which I thought were the same, using pictures of at least 580 megapixels.

 

The difference is shockingly simple for anyone not steeped in utter ignorance, so you are forgiven for your nescience. Gray includes the word ray, which rhymes with hay (and also hey, but that would be invoking the Lower Benelux evolution of pre-Saxon linguistic taxonomy). Hay is dried grass, but everyone knows that the 'proper' way of spelling ass is arse and therefore hay should properly be spelled hgrarsey and pronounced "Grhgrarseyay". All of this has little to do with cloud formations and, as of such, I am sure that all right thinking people can agree that it would be completely inappropriate in the particular form of phrase under discussion.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

I'm certain this thread needs renaming "On the discussion of colours", who's with me?


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: Feb 10, 2013

I disagree.  The name is fine as is.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

What do you know about colours? You named your company "Blackfall", black is a lack of colour or all colours at once depending on what is being defined there, it can't even make up it's own mind on what it is!


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Sure it is fine, but are we willing to settle for fine?

I for one am not.  This thread should be renamed as many times as it takes until they get it right.

We deserve, nay, we demand a better name!  A name that sparkles with originality, and shines with dignity and class.

Is that the kind of thread you want?  Then join me!

Down with complacency and backward thinking!

Down with wrong-headed naming practices!

It is our time, and we are not going to sit here and just read the threads They give us, we demand more!

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

I changed the name to the same name it already had.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Ooh, redundancy.  We like redundancy and it is our favorite.

 

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Redundancy is stupid and redundant. So is tautology.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

You're redundant.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

imprimis5 wrote:

I changed the name to the same name it already had.

No you didn't, it doesn't say edited by imprimis6.


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

Pydro wrote:

 

imprimis5 wrote:
I changed the name to the same name it already had.

 

No you didn't, it doesn't say edited by imprimis6.

It will in the future, with that iteration.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 37 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Sep 05, 2013

phantaskippy wrote:

You're redundant.

Oh, I'm sorry; this is abuse. You want 12A, next door.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Is this the five minute argument, or the full half hour?


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

But I already paid

(maloderous perverts)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

phantaskippy wrote:

But I already paid(maloderous perverts)

malodorous

 

What? Pendantry isn't arguing? But I'm right!


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

That depends on if you are accusing someone of smelling bad or if you are accusing them of being like the former frontman of GWAR.

 

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

arenson9 wrote:

 

phantaskippy wrote:
But I already paid(maloderous perverts)

 

malodorous What? Pendantry isn't arguing? But I'm right!

Excuse me, sir. I believe you meant "pedantry." #meta


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Oh God. Let's not go all hash tag in here. #IhatethemallPrediction:it will be taken as I hate the Mall, by a silly American


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 days ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

How dare you presume to tell me what I should or should not do. I shall strike thee down with the vengeance of a thousand enraged badgers.


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

Never presume! You make a pres out of u and me.

I have a playtester badge, am I a badger? Ah, you have two, what does that make you?


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Matchstickman wrote:

#ihatethemall

What did the mall ever do to you?


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Really? You? I knew someone would take the bait* but you? I am disappointed.

 

*Go back and highlight my post.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 38 sec ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: May 19, 2012

HAHA! Silverleaf is an American!!!!


Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

I hear they can cure that nowadays.


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Hey guys, someone grab our good American pal Silverleaf an Ice Cold Budweiser.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Matchstickman wrote:

Really? You? I knew someone would take the bait* but you? I am disappointed. *Go back and highlight my post.

know. Did you think I wouldn't notice that?

I just wanted to prove your prediction wrong. I was taking one for the team!


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

That is a shame, I was going to predict that >G was going to announce free Sentinels promos for everyone NOT at PAX, but now you've gone and ruined all my predicting powers. Way to go Silverleaf no


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

I think Silverleaf did it because, at heart, she is an American.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

You're just narky because I got a present today.


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pages